Monday, August 30, 2010

You Inspire Me .... (Blog Hop)

I truly can't tell you how excited I am to be participating in this Blog Hop to honour PTI's very own NICHOLE HEADY!!!  Eeeek!

While it is true that Nichole is the reason I experience hot flashes, heart palpitations, excitable trembling, dropped jaw dislocation and dry mouth anticipation every single month of my life (5th - 15th totally guaranteed :0) I have other reasons to appreciate what she has brought into my life ...

I found PTI as a person who loved stamping. But couldn't really 'make it work'. Thanks to Nichole's blog - especially this page here - I have found the confidence to create cards (which I actually LIKE), to give to the people I love. Through Nichole's inspiration I am giving boxed sets of gift tags, and projects like this, as hostess and thank you gifts. My hobby is suddenly turning into a great way to bless and encourage people - it isn't only about me and my space any more. And I'm thrilled with the quality of what I have to give. It isn't just second rate or {bored sigh} 'home made'.

I must admit to feeling daunted at having to create a card for this lovely lady! I mean HOW do you create a card for Nichole Heady???

So I turned to the Lady Herself for some inspiration! When I think of Nichole's work, I think of clean, classy, classic cards - with a subtle touch of BRILLIANCE!


When Nichole makes elegant cards for a special occasion - she seems to turn to Melon Berry quite often (as she did here). So that's where I went too :0)


This sentiment just seemed MADE for this occasion. Nichole, I really, really mean it!!

I didn't have Nichole's ability to add a 'subtle touch of BRILLIANCE", so my 'brilliance' comes from the addition of a bit of glitter :0)


And here is the inside. Again, I mean every single word.

Nichole, thank you. Thank you for the joy, colour and creativity you have brought into my life. Thank you for sharing your talents and abilities so freely with us all.

Thank you for designing beautiful stamps - and sourcing beautiful, quality products.

You have my sincere admiration and gratitude.

You truly do inspire me.

**000**

Materials: All Materials Papertrey Ink, Except - Versmark Pen, Versamark Ink, Rhinestones - Kaisercraft; Spellbinders label 4 die.

55 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning cards!!!! I agree, it's a bit scary to make something for someone you admire, and your cards are lovely, but at the end of the day the thought is what counts most... and you've obviously done a lot of thinking :)

Aimes said...

Simply beautiful! I love the Nerina magic you added to your card - you inspire me! (as does Nichole too of course!)
You rock the one colour that I'm totally petrified of working with! I need to learn from you!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Keva said...

This is truly beautiful! I love the glitter and the colors...it's just a fabulous card!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous Nerina! I love the color! And the glitter you added is just the right touch!

christy compton hall said...

I agree, my life is in complete anticipation the 5th to 15th of every month ;) This is an amazing background you created with the new set. I love it!

Susan said...

Nerina, your post had me laughing and then teary eyed at your heart warming expression about what card making means to you. Then I glanced at your card and I thought I was looking at patterned paper!!! Wow!! That is just spectacular!! You have just inspired ME!! Gorgeous!!!

Sara Mac said...

Stunning Nerina! Your cards always have the perfect touch of class.

Laura Isham said...

Nerina, this card is so beautifully simple! Its just perfect!

Kelly S. said...

Oh Nerina, you nailed that Nichole style! She is going to love this...the little subtle details you added to the embellishments are SURELY the WOW factor...excellent job!

Cathy Weber said...

This card is truly stunning. Your choice of stamp set and colors showed such thoughfulness. I think your sentiments were so pretty and absolutely came from the heart.

Karen C. said...

A beautifual, heartfelt card and sentiments.

BethieJ said...

Nerina this is STUNNING!! I LOVE everything about it!

Kara said...

gorgeous!!

Sharon said...

Your card is beyond beautiful, and your message to Nichole is so touching!

mamareebs said...

Very elegant card. Love the sparkles.

Amy Beth said...

WOW! Stunning card. There isn't anything I don't love about it!

Kay said...

Breathtaking! I think that background is just fabulous!

peggysue said...

Gorgeous and elegant as is everything you create!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Beautiful!! LOVE the sentiment, definitely perfect for the occasion!

IamDerby said...

Beautiful!!!

Sue Ann said...

So beautiful Nerina ...... the sentiment is just right ..... I think she inspires us all!!!

Christina said...

Drop-dead gorgeous, Nerina! A lovely card and lovely words about Nichole. Well said!

Christina said...

Drop-dead gorgeous, Nerina! A lovely card and lovely words about Nichole. Well said!

Lauren said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! This really is a stunner! Nichole will LOVE IT!!

Nadine said...

Lovely, lovely card Nerina! You have definitely captured Nichole's style. It's a beautiful tribute from a beautiful lady like yourself. :o)

Gayatri said...

I agree with everybody here. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the soft colors and the card is elegant. I can't wait to receive my order to play with this stamp set.

Baseret said...

Nerina this is stunning!!!!

Anna said...

This is just gorgeous!!! What a stunning card! I am a bit of a melon-berry-a-phobe, but maybe I'll take a stab at it now.

Heather P. said...

Simply STUNNING! Wowzers!

Amy said...

Shame on you! Now I want this flourish set...I mean what you have done with this is out of this world beautiful and simple and elegant and sophisticated! You have a standing ovation from me!! :)

Quilter422 said...

oh, my! i love how you used just half of the label - your card is simply elegant.

Chris Simon said...

Okay, you win the prize for "first person on the blog hop to make me run and add something to my shopping cart"! I didn't order Embellishments this month, but I'm going to have to now. I love what you've done with it even more than what the design team did. Awesome job!

Jennifer K said...

I never desired to own any Melon Berry until now. Your card is drop dead gorgeous. Just love the orange and white together - it's so fresh and contemporary!

Jen Carter said...

This is a very classy card! I love the glitter that you added!

Ginny said...

Just a beautiful and elegent card, Nerina! Love your work!!

Victoria said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Nerina! Perfect card for Nichole!

Angy said...

Gorgeous Nerina! Absolutely stunning - love how you added the touches of glitter to the embellishments!

Marinette said...

du raffinement à l'état pur, je suis fan

Lindsay said...

Beautiful Nerina! Just beautiful!

Melissa said...

So very pretty, Nerina! I love the bits of glitter, they add such sparkle and the colors are lovely!

teegee7617 said...

Just beautiful!

Sharron said...

PERFECTION, as always! Your cards are always so inspiring. And so very appropriate as a thank you for Nicole!

bobbiesue32 said...

Ohhhh, lovely as always! The colors just speak to me!
Sandy (Sankada)

cloizeaux said...

I really think your card is so lovely and reflects your personality on the forum; lovely as well.

sugacatz said...

I adore this background oyu have made. It is so unique. Fantastic. Lx

AuroraDawn said...

Just amazing, Nichole is just going to love it!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love the pattern you've created with the flourish stamps and hints of glitter. Beautiful work!

Terri said...

Pretty card. I didn't get this set but now you are making me rethink that though.

Lisa V. said...

Nerina, this is stunning as always! The sentiment is perfect and I love the new set that you used. Perfect.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Just completely beautiful Kerry!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So elegant and beautiful.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Nerina, your card is gorgeous and so elegant. I really love your work.

Monica K. said...

Nerina, this is wonderful! I love the way you stamped those flourishes and added glitter. And the sentiment is perfect for Nichole and so true!! Really gorgeous!

Noora said...

Gorgeous is an understatement! love the card and the sentiment is perfect!

Becky Carafa said...

This is gorgeous, you certainly captured the essence of Nichole here!