Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Damask Hugs

The inspiration for this card came from Jessica Witty. She has been heat embossing on Soft Stone cardstock for a while - and I think it looks absolutely gorgeous!

I decided to try and mix my elements up a bit - combining unusual things together - hopefully still with a tad of cohesion :0)!


The butterfly and heart are made with one of my personal favourite techniques - to stamp them, colour them in (if necessary) and then heat emboss over the image again with a kaleidoscope embossing powder ...


And there it is! A bit of twinkly fun!

The hunkadorus is telling me that he has an urge to hit the hills ... I'm going to miss the rest of the PTI countdown - can you believe it!??!!

(I'm going to pass this 'test' of affection and loyalty - but what a struggle, I can tell you! LOL!)

Have a *totally* wonderful day!

:0)


15 comments:

Rhonda said...

This card is so YOU!! LOVE it! Have fun with the hunkadorus. PTI will still be there when you return.

Kara said...

so pretty nernia...i love the little collage of images as a focal point!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well if this isn't one of the loveliest things I've ever seen then I don't know what is! Looks like I need to buy myself a pack of soft stone card stock ;) Oh, and tell Hunkadorus he's a MEANIE lol!

Aimes said...

Oh what a test but I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours once your in the hills enjoying time with your hubby! Just think of the treat your eyes will have in Google Reader when you return!
I love embossing on soft stone too, thanks for reminding me how pretty it looks! Love the different elements of your card, they fit so well together!
Sending Hugs back at ya!
Aimes
x

Baseret said...

This is so soft and elegant.I love it!!

Melissa said...

So very pretty! I love the white embossing on soft stone. Your butterfly, heart and leaf mix is just right! We'll miss you for the rest of the countdown, but enjoy your family--that's most important!
xx

Melissa said...

So very pretty! I love the white embossing on soft stone. Your butterfly, heart and leaf mix is just right! We'll miss you for the rest of the countdown, but enjoy your family--that's most important!
xx

Sharron said...

Just gorgeous--so soft and dreamy looking! Beautiful job with the embossing and love the detail on your butterfly! Enjoy the time away with hunkadorus--just remember you can experience all the wonders of release at one sitting when you return!

Linda said...

This is a stunning, beautiful creation. Lovely technique. Enjoy your impromptu get-away. There are far too few of them!!

Sara Mac said...

Nerina this is so lovely and perfect!!

Jen Carter said...

Gorgeous!! Love the embossed heart and the sparkly butterfly!!

Laurie said...

Nerina OMG! This is beyond beautiful! I am so going to have to try the damask on that gray paper! This is beautiful!!

Terri said...

Beautiful. Love the Damask on the soft stone. I am going to have to try that now too.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card. So soft and delicate looking.

Audrey Pettit said...

LOVE this! What a great collection of bits. Gorgeous background, too, and I love the banner sentiment piece. That embossing powder is fabulous!