Sunday, September 5, 2010

Embellish Does Squares ..

Embellish Magazine has come up with a delicious colour combination - and the challenge to use squares. Yummy!


Well, I made a square card - and decorated it with squares. You never would have guessed right :0) (LOL! heee!)


I stitched between the squares with some gold filament thread and used a felt flower, some hand cut crushed leaves and two stick pins for some interest and dimension .... and added a little bling for good measure ...


Thanks for popping in and visiting with me!

I'll be back tomorrow with a giveaway winner - thanks to everyone who has played along with me!

:0)

Have a goodie peeps!

16 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome job with the challenge Nerina, I love your squares and how you added the stitches with the gold filament!

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Nerina! The patterns are so pretty and the stitching is fun!

Laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love the stitches you added!

Christina said...

This is so eye-catching! I love the combination of patterns and the felt flower!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a beautiful card!

Noora said...

Nerine, love your card, the gold thread is such an interesting addition!

Sue Ann said...

Fantastic Nerina ...... you interpreted the challenge perfectly!!! And such a happy card to look at ...... LOVE IT!!! My day is always made better with a post from you!

Cammie said...

Nerina, what a lovely combination of patterns! I love the gold filament cross stitches connecting the squares!

Aimes said...

This is square crazy (in a good way!) you have most definitely fitted the design brief with this super square, super sweet card! Love it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

mamareebs said...

Oooh, this turned out so beautiful! I really like how you grouped the squares and the pins in the flower. Nice job!

Amy said...

What a fantastic square interpretation for this challenge! I love all the tiny gold accents you added....I just love hopping over here to see what you create!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful Kerry! I love square cards!!

Terri said...

Very nice. I love all the squares and different patterns you used. Reminds me of a quilt.

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty, love all the fun details! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.