Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little Bit Formal for Embellish .... and some fun :0)

Embellish Magazine's last challenge was a little bit different - and the colours made me think of formal cards ...


There was also the added twist - to include background stamping...


Used two shades of gray on this one ... Smokey Shadow and Soft Stone ...


... and silk ribbon for the bow - out of my little coveted hoard :0)!

Thank you so much to the ladies at embellish - it's always a stretch - and always fun to play along!

Now for the other part of the post :0)


Keva - sweetly gave my blogaroo a Cherry On Top award yesterday - what a surprise! Wooohoooo! Thank you Keva!!!

Now apparently, I have to share something about myself, show a photo and pass the award along to 5 wonderful bloggers ....

Here goes!

I'm a non-fiction lover, am 5'1" tall and have a horrible time finding clothing for the 'vertically challenged', absolutely ADORE cheesecake (it should be one of the 5 basic foodgroups) and find vermicomposting fascinating ... and yes, really do call my hubby "The Hunkadorus" .... :0)

Which brings me to the picture...


That is the *REAL THING* caught in his natural environment!!

Heee!

Now to pass this along ... to:

Aimes - Uber-Talented, Queen of CAS, TOTALLY sweet and encouraging into the bargain!!

Dana - It was no surprise to see Dana's name coming up again and again during the last Blog Hop - she has inspired people all over Blogland with her artistic creations and willingness to share know-how!

Rhonda - who has a great eye for using things in wonderful ways ....

Christina - Who has an amazing eye for design - and the polish she finishes her cards with is second to none!

Sue Ann - Who is super creative and talented - and just makes the whole world a happier place!!

Big smiles everyone! Have a super-wonderful day!

:0)

25 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautifully stamped pattern and great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us in an Embellish challenge.

Keva said...

Oh, that's really beautiful! I love the layout of the card and that yellow really pops off the muted colors. Really pretty.

Laurie said...

Absolutley stunning card Nerina! I am in love! You did those colors proud for sure!

I love that you call your hubbie hunkadorus! Too funny!

Sabrina said...

Nerina, This card is fabulous! Isn't this a great color/background stamping challenge?!

Noora said...

Beautiful card Nerine, I have been thinking of using the same stamp set for embellish challenge..:P...

Sue Ann said...

I feel like I need to be wearing a cocktail dress to look at this card~~ of course with Champagne and Cheesecake :) This is truly a beauty. I have such a hard time with yellow, I think because I do not wear it I cannot craft with it ...... maybe I should get counseling ..... w/ cheesecake and I could not agree more but it is dairy so I think we are good. You are so cute to give me a Cherry award ..... which tastes amazing on cheesecake ..... and your husband is a really looker but hey does have you for a wife so he had to be :)

Nerina said...

Heeee, heeeee! Sue Ann, you are so welcome (and is all that cheesecake New York style - with cherry topping ... ???? Please :0)!!!

Christina said...

This card is so elegant, and the bg stamping is perfect. Love that you went bright with the yellow and added a big silk bow!
Thank you so much for the award! It really means a lot coming from you, as I admire your incredible style! I will wear my badge with pride!

Lee Anne said...

Love this card; it is beautiful as all of your creations are. The picture of your husband is wonderful. I hope you have it framed and on your desk.

Amy said...

Wow, I think you did this challenge proud with this work of art!! This is out of this world gorgeous and yes formal! Love EVERY detail you've put into this! This is a winner to me!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful card, Nerina! Love the pop of yellow and the giga guideline stamp background is striking.... Great Job!

Cristina said...

I just said "wow" out loud when that card came up on my screen. Stunning.

Terri said...

Great job! Love the background you made. I am only 5'1 too so I know how you feel about finding clothes. Great photo of your hubby too!

Jen Carter said...

Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love everything about it and you used the colors so well! BEAUTIFUL!

Dana said...

When this truly eye-grabbing card popped up on my google reader Nerina, I didn't even bother to finish reading your post I just clicked over here to look some more. And what do I find but a thoughtful, sweet comment about MYSELF and a generous blog award! Not to mention a totally handsome pic of some eye-candy! *wink*

And now that I know you are a cheesecake lover I will be sharing some of my favorite cheesecake recipes with you for sure! (egg nog, orange creamsicle, key lime, pumpkin, caramel pecan, chocolate almond). *drool*

Sharron said...

Nerina, love your design and the card is gorgeous! Yellow is one of my favorite colors and I always like how great it looks with black. The background is so elegant and the bow the perfect finsihing touch!

Aimes said...

Oh my word, is there a style you can't conquer?!?!? Nerina you have totally rocked this challenge with your complimentary two shades of gret and that gorgeous bow (seriously, it's makin' me drool!)
Love the piccy of your 'hunkadorus!' and lastly, you're far too sweet and kind with your words! I'm totally flattered that you've crowned me a queen!!! I might even treat myself to a tiara now LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Audrey Pettit said...

Congrats on your bloggy award, Nerina! So well deserved. Love that photo of the hunkadorous! ;) And what a gorgeous card! So elegant. You really rocked that color combo.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So Pretty! Actually gorgeous! Love how you have used the challenge colors to make this elegant card.

Kathy Martin said...

What a gorgeous card! Love it! :)

Lori said...

WOW Nerina, absolutely gorgeous!!!

Rhonda said...

Nerina, I love your style and sweet spirit! What a great pic of the hunkadorus!! Thank you so much for the Cherry of Top award. You made my week!!! {hugs}

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love your take on the Embellish challenge. Everything melds so perfectly!

Charlene Austin said...

OMG this card is amazing!!

Heather P. said...

Sooooo stunning!