Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moxie Fab Granny Squares :0)

The title of the challenge this time is "Not Your Square Granny Squares" .... and it's a beautiful homey, deliciously fall-ish kind of inspiration ....


The first thing I noticed about this pic was the way your eye dances around the quilt. With occasional 'rest stops' on the lighter areas ... so that is where I went too ...


Lots of dotty spotty goodness with a white spot for your eye to alight on! (No I wasn't brave enough to try a hexagonal focal point :0)! heeee!

This quilt says "Fall" all over. It's warm, rich and full of the promise of homey memories and good times! Fall to me is about luxurious, outrageous, extravagant colours .... (spring comes in with a whisper, where sweet little things bravely poke their heads out of the ground and beckon shyly in pastel colours). Fall comes in screaming "I'M BEAUTIFUL ... JUST LOOK AT ME!!" Don't you think?


I tried to give a nod to this idea of fall - by the colours used (obviously) but also by using elegant flourishes and a big "you can't miss it" kind of bow.

This card is also for our Papertrey Peeps Challenge number 15 "Fall Into Fall".

Thanks for popping in!

Best wishes for a *totally* wonderful and happy day :0)

**000**

Materials - All Papertrey Ink; Except: Stickles - Ranger

12 comments:

Aimes said...

Tee hee! Fall (or autumn) certainly does have a Diva-like quality to it - wonder if that's why it's my fave season?! :D
Oh you rocked the Trigger with this utterly scrummy and rich card, Nerina! I'm getting toasty feet just lookin' at it on a screen!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL~~ I love those autumn colors that you used ..... yum yum ~~

Jen Carter said...

Wow!! I love this so much!! The colors, the patterns you chose, the way you used everything together! Fabulous!

Christina said...

This is one fantastic take on the challenge, Nerina! I love the way you explained how the quilt inspired you. And your description of fall is spot on. I love fall, and the rich colors and patterns you used here! Bravo!

Gayatri said...

You have done a great job interpreting the inspirational photo, Nerina! Love your card esp the colors are gorgeous :)

Laura - The Stampin' Soldier said...

Great card!

Cammie said...

Nerina, this card is a gorgeous interpretation of the inspiration photo. You have certainly captured fall's bold presence.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Such a great project! Thanks for sharing! Also, just a note to say that Papercraft Star will be holding a DT call soon and right now you can sign up to win a $25.00 gift certificate too! We'd love for you to join for our challenges! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Amy said...

I never know what beauty I am going to see when I open your blog on my GR....this is so fun and fits the challenge perfect!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful, wonderful layout and color scheme!!

Terri said...

Nice job! Love the PP you used.

Cath said...

Hey Nerina!What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)