Monday, September 27, 2010

Moxie Scallops :0)

Well things are just a bit Moxie on the 'ole blog at the moment aren't they? Too many good things happening over on that site all at once!

The Moxie Fab World Challenge at the moment is "The Offset Scallop Gallop" - there is oodles of eye candy for inspiration (including a cutie dress from Anthropologie) and scallops galore ...

I have really wanted to play in this one - and had a few ideas for fun shaped cards and other more wacky inventions ... but none of those ideas felt like 'me'. So I ended up coming back to a stamp in "First Fruits" that knocked my socks off from the moment I first saw it stamped, and went for a slightly more elegant take on the scallop idea ...


This stamp always feels a little exotic to me. Like a romance story out of something in the Arabian Nights genre ... or maybe just peacock feathers?

Until this challenge I had never thought about using it on a feminine, girly kind of card - that has CHANGED! I really love what it adds to the overall effect!


The flower is made from Harvest Gold felt. The scallops are stamped in Hawaiian Shores ink on Aqua Mist paper and the leaves are Simply Chartreuse.

Thanks *so* much for visiting with me!

Take care of yourselves this week - and have a GREAT one!

:0) Smiles!

**000**

Materials: All Papertrey Ink, Except: Embossing Folder - Provo Craft; Tag Die - Spellbinders; Rhinestones - Kaiser; Thread and Printed Vintage Paper

26 comments:

Hanneke van der Linde said...

OMG... what a beautiful card, Nerina!! I really love these bright colors!!

Only a few more weeks, I am now 36 weeks pregnant! Thanks for asking!

xoxo

Noora said...

Just Fab! love the colors and the layout...those leafs are the best in my book!

Cammie said...

Fabulous card! It is so bright and cheerful. I love how you placed the gems, and those leaves look like they've been cut by a die. What's your secret for such superb snipping?

Dana said...

Oh wow. One of my favorite patterned stamps of all time. Those scallops look amazing in that color and are definitely more girly than I thought they could be.
Lovely Nerina.

Sue Ann said...

YUMMY~~~ you are amazing!! All I saw on the top was Moxie Scallops ....... so I am looking down and thinking this looks like Nerina ...... who made this card?? I laughed when I went back up to the top and it was you!!!

Amy said...

You have pulled all of these elements together beautifully! Love your take on the scallops!

Christina said...

Oh my, what you have done with these colors is so fresh and fabulous! That is one gorgeous stamp, I will have to check it out. Love the layered flower and the perfect placement of the gems. Stunning, dear!

Nancy L. said...

Beautiful!!

Rhonda said...

gorgeous Nerina! Love the soft corners and blinkg.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super card! Love the gold felt color with the Hawaiian Shores. So pretty!

Nerina said...

Cammie - I don't really have a *secret* :0)! Just a pair of CutterBee Scissors (EK Success). If you make each cut as long as possible (a minimum of little 'snippy' cuts) and try to turn the image you're cutting rather than the scissors as much as possible - that's what works for me. I don't think there's anything new in there - but hope it helps! :0)

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is so pretty! I love how bright and cheery the colors are and all your wonderful details! I agree that your cut out leaves are fabulous. And using that stamp on Hawaiian Shores definitely gives a feathery, more feminine look--great effect!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Love this, so so pretty!

Cristina said...

You stamped those scallops? They look like patterned paper! Beautiful card. Love the gemstones that, to me, look like droplets of water spraying off the flower. They make the card so dynamic.

Aimes said...

BEAUTIFUL! I see you haven't lost that magic touch when it comes to cutting out those leaves :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jaclyn Miller said...

Very pretty. I love your color combo and that scalloped paper adds the perfect touch.

Belinda said...

SO lovely! The colors are just perfect!

Terri said...

Great job! Love how bright and cheerful it is!

Paula Laird said...

Gorgeous! This is such an elegant, happy card! I love the blue and the yellow!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

Kort og Søm said...

Gorgeous card!
Fredrikke :O)

Dana said...

OH MY, this is so pretty and cheery!! Congrats on your Moxie Fab Spotlight :-)

Daniela said...

Love the card!! Congrats on the Moxie Fab!

kbell said...

just came across your blog through Moxie Fab and I am loving ALL your cards. I adore your style and creativity!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Super cute card. I love the scallop texture at the bottom! Love the color combo too.

Heather P. said...

Eeeeeeeeep! This is ultra FABULOUS! Oh my word, I love this so!