Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One For Me!

I thought I'd do a post that was 'just for me' :0) I didn't make this one for anyone specific - and the composition of this card isn't going to light a fire for anyone ... but I certainly enjoyed stamping it! My own sort of "expressionist" cardmaking ;0)


Thanksgiving here is the second Monday in October - so I have some time to choose a recipient!


I knew when these flourishes in the new Embellishments set came out that it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship for me! Wow - I really do love them!


And here is another set I got excited about ... these will be on our table this year! I haven't decided yet whether to handwrite the names or stamp them - with scripty letters?

I like having the place cards 'framed' and cut my tent frame 2.75" x 3", scoring along the 3" length at 1.5" (obviously :0) - this is a bit bigger than the card suggested on the tip sheet for this stamp set!

So there it is. First of September and I'm ready for fall!

In all of it's glorious colour!

Best wishes to you for a beautiful day!!

:0)

Materials: Papertrey Ink, Except - Large Sentiment - Hero Arts; Labels 4 Frame - Waltzingmouse (stamp), Spellbinders (Die)

ETA - The name cards were stamped with the wheat sheaf from First Fruits :0) !

22 comments:

Amy said...

Gorgeous fall card! Love it!

Lindsay said...

Wow! I love that card! So so colorful and just fun! Thanks for sharing the place cards! I am needing some ideas and yours are fantastic!

Dana said...

Oh Nerina, these are beautiful. *sigh* It's so nice when you get to make something just for the sake of creating art, no demands.
I absolutely ADORE those place cards and cannot wait to re-create them (being that orange is my all-time favorite color!). What is the "wheat, grassy" looking stamp you used on them?

granolagirltoo at gmail dot com

Melissa said...

WOW, Nerina!! Your card is beautiful-- I love the rich background you stamped. And your placecards are drop dead gorgeous! What a wonderful idea to emboss with gold!! Are the wheat stems from first fruit?

Kara said...

the place cards are great!!

Aimes said...

Yeah! You make a card for YOU, Nerina! You totally deserve some indulgent inky time! This card is totally 'me' too with those rich fall colours! Can you believe it's September already?!?!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sue Ann said...

Miss Emma was sitting with me when I was reading through your post ...... "Oh mommy ...... that is so beautiful" and there you have it ...... she summed it up perfectly my little mini me :)

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the pretty fall colors and that gorgeous maple leaf! And your place cards are simply stunning! I love the gold embossing, very elegant :)

Heather P. said...

Gorgeous table cards, and I LOVE all that layered color on your first card... It's so rich and just FAB!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love those place cards. They are so elegant and fabulous!

Laurie said...

Absolutley a stunner here! Love the card, the colors and everything! And the gold embossing on the name cards? Amazing!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Gorgeous cards and table cards! Love them!

xoxo

Brandi said...

The card and name tags are gorgeous! Love the fall colors you used!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. Your card is striking, but I absolutely love the place cards. The gold embossing with the wheat image on the side is beautiful. We don't have enough people in our family to make place cards, but if I did, I would be casing yours for sure. Very, very nice.

Terri said...

Great job on both of them. Glad you got to do something just for you!

Noora said...

BEAUTIFUL Nerina! u know when I saw u first using this stamp set to make Thanks Nichole card I instantly knew u would do some amazing things with this set! I am not wrong..I see a beautiful relationship in the making..:)

Sharron said...

Isn't it wonderful to do something just for fun--no rules or restrictions! Beautiful fall creations--especially love the gold embossed place cards!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just love this! All those autumn colors and the flourishes are beautiful. Love your place cards too. Just rec'd my set and will start playing to be 'ahead' of the game.

Suzanne said...

Hi Nerina, the card is so beautiful! The placecard is awesome too - your guests will love them!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

I personally LOVE this card, that Embellishments set is hands down my favorite from the last release! I need to save some pennies and get it for sure:)!

Kimberly said...

Nerina, I love your just for fun card! The color combo and layering is really pretty. I din;t order from the last release but that embellishments was the one I really wanted.

Susan said...

Oh my goodness those are absolutely STUNNING!!! I love how you used the Embellishments set. At first I thought it was patterned paper. And the place cards are gorgeous!! I love that you used gold embossing powder. They are so elegant!!