Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Power of Suggestion ...(Scheduled Post)

O.K. so this one is a bit random and the laugh is on me .... I'm reading this book right now ...


It's really thick and really 'chewy' and I've been enjoying it a great deal.

However, one of my daughters was horrified to see the little piece of scrap paper I had in it keeping my place. (Especially as I bought the PTI "Booked Up" stamp set a while ago.) I was told that she was a bit disappointed :0(

So I ran to my craft room and produced a three minute bookmark ..(which included getting everything out, cleaning the stamps and putting them away).



I chose this little sentiment because it made me giggle on release night - and because I love the little scroll underneath it - and it looks so cute with the Embellishments stamp ...

I went back to reading my book - and within 10 minutes had passed out completely. Go figure. I don't usually do that!!!!

The power of suggestion, I suppose?

LOL!

Have a good one peeps!!

11 comments:

Sue Ann said...

My father in law always says " The shoe maker has no shoes" I am happy to know you now have a pair of shoes!! Beautiful bookmark!! And thanks to your DD for reminding us that we should have the nice goodies too !!!

Dana said...

HA ha ha! The power of suggestion indeed Nerina.
I'm a terrible one for using anything and everything as bookmarks. Using a band-aid (still in the wrapper, of course) in one book right now, a grocery store receipt in another and a scribbled recipe on the back of my 5th grader's homework in another. Good grief I need one of your beautiful 3 minute bookmarks badly!

Aimes said...

Yup - definitely the power of suggestion LOL!
What a truly sweet bookmark - can't believe you didn't make one earlier! Oh if this is what you can do in 3 mins, I can only dare to imagine what you could do in the time it takes me to make one card LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful! I'm not a reader but my mom is and she ALWAYS falls asleep while reading. I didn't order this stamp set but I wanted to just so I could make a bookmark for my mom ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love those colors together- we have the same wave length w/ some of our projects-- I made a bookmark with the All Booked Up set last night too!!!! :)

Melissa said...

LOL! I also am guilty of the scrap-of-paper as bookmark! I should really change that! Your bookmark is gorgeous!

Rebecca said...

Out of the mouth of babes! Cute bookmark. That saying must have been made for me.

Cathy Weber said...

Your bookmark is adorable, but your story behind it is what made me smile. 10 minutes, start to finish and then 10 minutes to fall asleep! Great story and I love those flourishes on the bookmark too.

Sharron said...

Adorable bookmark and love your story! That is the first stamp I used when I made my first bookmark--so cute. And unfortunately I am one of those people who too easily falls asleep when reading!

Terri said...

Great job especially for putting it together so quickly. Your dd would hate to see how I mark my pages. I really should make myself one too I didn't get that set but I am sure I can improvise though.

Audrey Pettit said...

LOL! The power of suggestion, indeed! ;)
Love your bookmark, Nerina! I love pink mixed with grey and I adore these beautiful PTI stamps. You do such wonders with them. Love the stamps you used on the background. Love your little button tie on top.