Friday, September 17, 2010

Retro Peach and a Scary and a Happy Moment!

Hi Peeps! Home again and we are all safe and sound! My dear hunkadorus did some amazing, unintentional "flying trapeeze work" off the cabin roof and is pretty bruised up - so we don't take that for granted!!! Sooooooo scary! :0(

Time for a card .... I really love the Flourishes fruit series. Not being a Copic owner - they're great for paper piecing! The little stippled dots really add a lot to the appearance of volume and to the shadowing.


For the background strips, I used a combination of "Thrift Store" papers from October Afternoon and "Dotty Biscotti" from PTI.


The peach is pieced with "In Bloom" paper and the leaves are from the "Pretty Pastels" line. I pierced and hand stitched the circle border ...

And the little sentiment is where it all started! :0)

Now for some HYOOGE news for me :0) Just a few minutes before we left to go away I discovered that I'd won Caardvarks' August Christmas Tags and Minis Challenge - sponsored by JustRite Stampers!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeep! I squealed so loudly every single member of the family came running to see if all was O.K. :0)!!!

The prize was FIVE (really and truly!) Christmas stamp sets and stampers from JustRite .... I have been walking on air for a week!

Thanks for visiting me and for letting me gush ....

Wooohoooooo! I'm soooooo excited!

HUGS!

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Congrats on the HUGGGGEee WIN!!! Link us to the project. I think I missed it. Love the paper pieced peach!!! Glad your hubby is OK.

Sharron said...

What a wonderful prize--congrats on your win! Your peach looks scrumptious--great job of paper piecing. A fall from the roof had to be terribly scary. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon--thankfully he did not have any major injuries.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Congtrats, Nerina! You've made a wonderful card!

Lee said...

Congratulations, Nerina. That's a well deserved win. Your work is sooooo beautiful.

Aimes said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Way to go, Nerina! I just knew you'd get the recognition you so truly deserve! Oh what happy mail you'll be getting soon!!!!
Love this peachy li'l number too - your paper piecing rocks! Who needs Copics, when you've got DP eh?!
Oh I do hope your poor hubby recovers soon - sounds so scary but thank goodness it's just a case of bruises!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kara said...

Congratulations, Nernia! You totally desrve it, you are so generous!! I received my anniversary set and the beautiful card you sent me:) I hope your husband is all healed up soon!

Christina said...

What a fantastic win! I can't wait to see what wonderful things you create with your new goodies! Your peachy card is just lovely! The paper piecing adds so much interest, and the mixing of patterned papers is perfect.
Glad to hear your hubby is okay! Hopefully he'll take a break from performing circus acts on the roof while he's recovering. ;) Glad you're both back home, safe and sound!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer K said...

Lovely card, Nerina! And a big congrats on your win. So exciting!

Cammie said...

This is just peachy! (Sorry, I couldn't resist) Congratulations on your win! Can't wait to see your cretions with your new stamps! Glad hubby wasn't hurt too badly-retreat to the cabin should be for R&R not high flying acrobatics :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Congratulations on your BIG win of stamps!!! I know we will be seeing some gorgeous work to inspire us all once you get them. Your peachy card is fabulous! Have an 'uneventful' weekend.

Terri said...

Congratulations on your win! I look forward to seeing what you make with them. Glad your hubby is okay. Great job on the card too!

jen said...

This is really lovely! Love the patterned papers you used & the piecing is great! And CONGRATS on a huge win- FUN!