Saturday, September 11, 2010

Thinking Christmas (Scheduled Post)

With Papertrey's Christmas Countdown in full swing, I thought I'd share this card. Remember the 'spackle' stamp which my hunkadorus brought home for me a few months ago? It makes the most wonderful snow :0)!


Nichole shared this technique with us when she introduced "Through the Trees" - where you heat emboss the image with clear embossing powder and add some interest to the background. Wiping away any excess ink from the image again, when you're done.


I used some torn vellum for the 'snow line' at the bottom ;0)

So are you feeling Christmassy yet?? It sure is getting cool here already. The 'burning bushes' are changing colour ....

It's coming, ready or not!

Have a totally fabulous day peeps!

{Hugs}!

18 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hope you are having fun!! Great card. I love the snow.

Christina said...

This is so soft and serene. I love the vellum snow and the spackle stamp is perfect! Really beautiful, Nerina.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh Nerina, I ADORE THIS!!!! I love snow, and this card takes me to a quiet, tranquil, wintery place :) Just STUNNING my dear!

Cristina said...

This is beautiful, gorgeous, stunning! That snow could not be more perfect.

Kara said...

this is gorgeous..love the vellum and the speckle stamp!

Linda Beeson said...

What a simple idea, yet that torn vellum is the most perfect snow! LOVE everything about your card, especially that amazing color scheme.

Dana said...

Blech. Snow. Don't even bring it up Nerina! lol It usually snows here form October to April, and I am not looking forward to it, no matter HOW beautiful your card is. It actually reminds me of a snowglobe...awesome!

Sharron said...

AWESOME card--such a beautiful, peaceful scene! Love the snow speckles and the vellum--so perfect with the trees!

Laurie said...

So beautiful! I love the torn vellum! What a great look that gives!

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baseret said...

What a beautiful, serene card. Love the velum snow!

Terri said...

I am definitely not ready for Christmas yet! I don't even like the word snow.:) Beautiful card though. Hope you have a nice time on your trip.

Linda said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. When I saw it, I thought of the new sentiment - peace, be still. Everything works so well together and that vellum snow - Wow!

Noora said...

Fab card Nerine! I dont celebrate Christmases but I still love the card!

Darsi said...

Oh. my. goodness. words fail me, this card is positively card perfection!! LOVE it!!

lynda said...

This is such a peaceful, lovely card, Nerine. Love the green and the technique is one I really need to revisit!

Amy said...

What a peaceful beautiful winter card!! It is just splendid!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous! This is gorgeous, Nerina! Love those embossed trees, and love the "splatter" snow. And those vellum snow lines are amazing!