Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Hunkadorus!

Hi Peeps! Another week has started!

We finished collecting firewood on Saturday and have a lovely fire crackling today. It's deeply overcast and chilly - everyone feels cold right down into their bones. We're feeling *really* grateful for our happy blaze!

Here is a sneaky peek at my Hubby's birthday card! It's his birthday on Wednesday. He tells me that he very occasionally clicks onto my blog - but I don't think it's often enough to spoil a surprise :0)

Happy B'day Hunkadorus!

He's a real CAS lover, I need a teeny bit more than the bare essentials - hopefully this one got it right for both of us!

Happy B'day Hunkadorus! Deet

The top panel has the leaf die cut through it - the one underneath it has the leaf stamped with Antique Linen Distress Ink and the veins are heat embossed with gold.

Ta - da! I'll report back in due time with how it went down *wink*! LOL :0)

13 comments:

Sue Ann said...

AWWWW you are such a honey of a wife!!! And I know he is going to love it !! I love the die cut paper and the leaf on the cream..... of course your stitching is perfect!!! Keep warm young lady!!!

Keva said...

Nerina, it's just perfect! I love the leaf seen through the diecut..such a neat idea. Your stitching down the sides looks fabulous,too. I'm sure he will love it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is perfect Nernia. Your husband is going to love this!! I too have a small fire crackling today as there is a slight October chill in the air.

Heather P. said...

I think it's so lovely! :) Hope your hunkadorous has a fabby birthday!!

Sharron said...

Your card is perfect! Love how you did the die cut leaf. I am sure he will love it too. I am making guy cards this week also--both for birthdays on Friday. Masculine is always somewhat of a challenge for me!

Lee Anne said...

The gold embossing is the perfect touch. This is just beautiful!

Amy said...

I love how you did this Nerina!!! That embossing was just the right touch! Not too much bling for a guy card....perfect!

Becky said...

Nerina, this is beautiful! I love the layers... I may have to keep this in mind for a future CASE! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

-Beckyk563

peggysue said...

I love your title, the hunkadorus! Hope DH had a great birthday and enjoyed his card!

Ingrid Danvers said...

The card is beautiful, Nerina. I really like the colors that you've used. The way you did the top panel and the layer underneath is great!

Monica K. said...

Great card, Nerina! Love how you used the diecut outline with the leaf. That's so cool! I hope your hubby had a really wonderful birthday. And we would love if you could send some of that cooler weather down here to Florida! :)

jen said...

Love it!! Congrats on having TWO cards featured on CARDS!! :)

Laurie said...

Another fantastic card here! I love it!!