Saturday, October 9, 2010

Teeny Tiny Tree!

Hi everyone! If you've been around the blogging world lately you've probably heard more than one person talk about how amazing Claire's new "Teeny Trees" set is, from Waltzingmouse. Well, I'm another convert! They are simply ADORABLE! There are even little trees in there that remind me of those cutie pics that children's books are decorated with. It's hard not to exclaim out loud when they make an impression on paper - soooo cute!

This card was inspired by one that I saw here on Debby's blog - so clean and refreshing!

Pretty Christmas

Lots of ruffles, pearls and lace :0) I had a real desire to make something girly. The background cardstock is PTI's new Fine Linen.

Pretty Christmas Deet
A bit of gold embossing for the stars (isn't that just the most amazing decoration for a tree??! Eeek - it's lovely! I just can't get over the creativity that went into this set!) and some white embossing for the Fancy Flourish.

Thanks for popping in!! Hope your weekend is full of happiness and delights - even the small kind!

We're getting ready for Canadian Thanksgiving - which happens on Monday ... and one of the Tiddleywinks was born on Thanksgiving, so we have another birthday to look forward to this week too :0)

Blessings!

20 comments:

Kara said...

love the white embossing over the patterned paper! beautiful card

Keva said...

Yes, I LOVE Teeny Trees. Mine are on the way and hopefully will get here Tuesday since Monday is a holiday (dangit!!!).

Your card is so super cute. Love the frills and the lace. Very pretty! I've yet to try the Fine Linen paper...maybe this week. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Nerina, this one just took my breath away! Not only is that little tree a beautiful focal point, but the colors you've used are so FRESH, like a breath of fresh air! Wonderful work my friend!

Sue Ann said...

ALRIGHT ....... I AM PUTTING MY ORDER IN TONIGHT !!! I cannot take it anymore.... you people are KILLING ME with all the beauties that you are creating!!! I ADORE the colors that you used and the tree with the gold star ........ LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Rhonda said...

This is stunning Nerina. Love the embossed stars!!

Francie said...

Nerina, this is truly beautiful. You consistently turn out the prettiest, freshest designs.

Cristina said...

Great color palette! And you have a new header/blog title! So cute.

Tasha said...

Gosh this is absolutely stunning! I love the unique colour combo its beautiful! Such a fabulous design
love tasha xx

Debby said...

Thanks for the shout out Nerina! Oh those teeny trees I could use forever. Though must admit to having ordered from their latest release too :) Your card is beautiful - I love all the details so fab!

Lee Anne said...

Love the tree and all the details you have here! Just beautiful!

Jen Carter said...

Stunning! Just so beautiful!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful, love that set, I need to get it for sure!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is just stunning! And I love the tree. I have been so close to ordering that set and keep putting it off. I think you have helped push me over the edge!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great color combination and the gold embossing really sets off the Christmas tree.

Sue Lelli said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and so girlie! Just LOVE it!

Laurie said...

Nerina this is gorgeous! One of my fav sets right now! You did an amazing job with it!

Linda said...

Wow! I missed some seriously gorgeous creations while I was away. (And the hunkadorous isn't bad either!)These last two are so-o-o lovely - soft and sweet. Love the wreath! Thank you for all your inspiration.

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!

Amy said...

Yep....a beauty for sure! Love the softness you created with using these colors especially that fine linen color. Teeny trees....has got to be one of my FAVORITE sets yet. I adore the sentiments!

Terri said...

Great job. That tree is very cute. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!