Thursday, November 4, 2010

W Plus 9 Colour Cue

Hi everyone!!

Firstly a HYOOOOOGE thank you to EVERYONE who left me such kind words of encouragement after Monday! I'm feeling blessed out of my little socks :0)! Thank you a hundred times over!

Just a whizz through here to pop a card on the blogaroo for the last W Plus 9 Colour Cue Challenge - it was in honour of Breast Cancer Month - and I really wanted to play and support the cause ...
I was initially going to make my card all white with small dashes of the other colours ... it would be so light and pretty ... but then I thought of something almost completely pink for a change - and that's where it went :0)

Wplus9 Nov

And to add to the different feel of the card I made the butterflies dark grey and embossed the leaves in silver (hopefully that counts as grey too?!) leaving the white for small touches in the background stamping, ribbon and flowers ...

Wplus9 Nov Deet

So there it is! Thanks to W Plus 9 for a *gorgeous* set of colours for a *really* good reason ... I want to play with them again!

Blessings peeps - have an awesome day!

15 comments:

{ kelly jo } said...

this is absolutely beautiful!

Keva said...

This is truly stunning. I love every single bit of it. Very very nice.

Diane Jaquay said...

I don't think I could come up with enough superlatives to describe this card Nerina, it's beyond exquisite!!!!!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous, Nerina! I love the silver embossed on pink! What an elegant card!

Aimes said...

Silver totally counts as grey to my eyes anyways! After all, creativity has to be open to interpretation, right?! *wink*
Now I would NEVER have thought to have dark grey butterflies but they totally bring your card together to perfection!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Noora said...

Stunning card!! So creative, LOVE the silver embossing, I am so happy that I ordered silver embossing powder!!

Cristina said...

Stunning. I never would have thought to do those leaves in silver and embossed like that.

Terri said...

Very pretty! Love those colors and the silver too.

Rhonda said...

Absolutely love the dark butterflies!!!

Sharron said...

So glad to see how you used pink as the dominant color--this is GORGEOUS! And silver is the perfect elegant gray with your 'formal' butterflies!

Lee Anne said...

This is just beautiful! Stunning, really.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So pretty and delicate looking. Great stitching on this too!

Dana said...

I have no words. *thud*

Jinny Newlin said...

Beep! Beep! Back the truck up! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE your embossing, stitching, butterflies... Well, just everything about this card! Great take!

Amy said...

All the textures, colors, stitching, pearls, ribbons, etc......gorgeous!!!