Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Case Your Favourite Challenge

Hi Peeps :0) They say that when you haven't crafted for a while - the best way to get back in is to case someone ... so THIS challenge at Wee Memories was just what I needed! The challenge is to case something you love - a favourite card, designer, layout ...

I have loved THIS card by Debbie Olsen ever since I saw it last year - and thought it would be a great CASE to try and get back into the feel of things here ...

This was my take:

Wee Memories Case

The background papers are stamped ... and I added a bow for some festive cheer.

Wee Memories Case Deet

This little fellow is coloured with chalks and pencil crayons. Don't you love the sublime expression on his face? :0) (His name is Maxwell!)

And one toot, just before I leave - not for me but for Paper Maniac . I won a certificate to this store a few weeks ago - and just have to say that Patti was so amazingly fabulous to me! My order (which was so much fun to place - the store was full of brand new DP's :0) went out less than 24 hours after I put it in. It has now arrived - beautifully packaged with everything in perfect condition - and despite the fact that such a huge portion of my order was a GC - she actually spoiled me by not charging me shipping for it as well.  I felt so pampered and feel so grateful to her! THANK YOU Patti - I will definitely be back!!

And another note before signing off here - THANK YOU to all of the *sweet* people who have left me best wishes recently! I so appreciate your kindness! Things have started to improve - but I'm not up to any marathons yet :0)!!

BIG SQUEEZY HUGS TO ALL!

***000***

ETA - I have just learned that House Mouse has a challenge blog - and that this card fits their latest challenge! So have decided to play it in there and look forward to seeing what the next challenge will be!

Stamps:
Santa's Little Helper - House Mouse Designs
Festive Foliage, Compliments of the Season, and Holiday Labels #14  - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Believe - Papertrey Ink

20 comments:

Laurel said...

This is just too cute!

Kathy Martin said...

SUPER cute! Love the stitching! :)

Rhonda said...

Waving HI Nerina!! Glad you are feeling a little better. Very cute card.

Christina said...

So good to see you back, Nerina! And what a sweet image to share for your return! I do love the expression on his little face. Wonderfully CASEd!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I just love House Mouse stamps! I have many with holiday themes to them too. Your card is so Cute! Those little guys always place a smile on my face. Glad you are starting to feel better too. Hugs!

Simone said...

Wow this is so cute! Love this! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Terri said...

Very cute! Sorry to hear about you back, glad it is feeling better now and you are able to stamp again.

Cammie said...

What a precious little mouse! If only the real ones were so adorable. Such perfect stitching, Nerina! I am sorry to learn of your troubles with your back, but I am glad you are on the mend and back to crafting.

Sharron said...

Hi, Nerina! I am so glad to see you back and starting to feel better. Your card is adorable--love that sweet little mouse. House Mouse stamps are such fun! Hope you continue to feel up to doing some stamping. Miss all your fabulous creations!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super cute card Nerina! Love the adorable image and your stitching looks amazing!

Angy said...

Love Maxwell - he is just so so cute! great CASE.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is darling, Nerina! I just love that sweet, little mouse; and your color combination is perfectly festive! Thanks for playing along in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Monica K. said...

Very adorable card, Nerina! I love the little mouse. And I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. I know back pain can be difficult, I've struggled with it off and on myself. Glad you are able to craft a little more now and hope you feel all better soon!!

Ann said...

Oh my, this is CUTE! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Christine said...

Hi adorable HM creation dont you just love the cute exspressions?? great take on the chall..look forward to seeing you nxt time..(new chall Mon & blog hop so candy prizes to be won)...thanks for sharing & joining us at HM& Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine x HM DT..xx

America said...

I love the clean, crisp take and the colors and that FABULOUS circle sewing! WOW! A great Aperture HM take!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge!! Hope to see you again joining our BLOG-HOP next week!

Sue said...

What a cute card, no wonder you wanted to case it! Lovely simplicity and the image is just darling. Glad you found us and decided to join the fun for this challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. A new challenge starts Monday with lots of surprises and prizes, hope you come back.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the design of this ,,, simple and stunning !! :-)

Wishing you a very Happy New year :-)
thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Sue from Oregon said...

A wonderful clean and simple challenge card! Love how you used your sewing on this too. Hope to see you tomorrow for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

Natascha (nata1984) Germany said...

This is a relly pretty card. Love this colors and papers you have choosen. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challeng.

Hugs, Natascha