Friday, December 31, 2010

Crispy!

The title of this post goes for the card and the weather .... eeeeeep .... it is FREEZING here!!

Maybe that's why white looks so good right now? I love every colour at the mo - so long as it's white. Scratch head. Shake head. Move on :0) LOL!


If you noticed a smell of burning rubber when you pulled in - that would be me - screaming in to meet the deadline for Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge - #62. These colours are so way beyond gorgeous and I've been meaning to play there for a while. So to see in the New Year - playing this challenge is something .... NEW :0)!

Colour Challenge

The flowers were stamped and embossed on vellum and then pigment ink was rubbed on the back side. I absolutely LOVE this look on a solid sheet of vellum - and wondered what it would be like if the flowers were cut out afterwards ... this is the result :0)

Colour Challenge Deet

The leaves were fussy cut and then holes were pierced in them for the veins ... you can see them a bit behind the flowers and I'm still trying to decide if that bugs me or not?? Hmmmm. Need to give that a few days before a final verdict. (Any outside opinions?)

This will be the last post of 2010 - amazing thought. I really do wish everyone the MOST WONDERFUL 2011. It's always strange looking at my Day Planner for the year ahead. So many days and no notion at all of what they're going to hold. Some birthdays that I'm writing down - I honestly don't know if those people will still be here when their big day comes around. So we're just planning on being grateful for them every day that we *do* have!

My Hunkadorus' uncle used to love writing in cards:

Be grateful for the Past, Live in the Present .... and leave the Future in God's hands ...

MANY blessings wished to all!

x

N

***000***
Stamps Used: Delightful Dahlia (flowers); Beautiful Blooms (Sentiment); Turning a New Leaf (Leaves) - Papertrey Ink
Circle Stamp from "Custom Design Cardmaking Kit" - JustRite Stampers

15 comments:

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous card!

Christina said...

What a completely gorgeous take on the challenge colors! I just LOVE the look of the vellum flowers! Happy New Year to you!

Sue Ann said...

I am happy to know that it was your tires smokin to get this challenge done....... I thought it was my brain from thinking and coming up with crazy ideas!!!

The colors are amazing and what you did with them are amazing too!! I would probably poke my eye out before I got the leaves cut out and the vellum flower .... FANTASTIC!!!!

Another winner!!!

Lee said...

Those vellum flowers are stunning. Love that saying you ended with...it's so true. Wishing you a wonderful 2011.

Aimes said...

Happy New Year, sweet Nerina!!! My oh my you went out of 2010 with STYLE with this beauty!
Y'know I have a pack of vellum and never know what to do with it but I sure do now!!!
Here's to whatever 2011 may bring us!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Terri said...

Happy New Year! Great card, Love those flowers. I think the leaves look fine behind the flowers. I didn't even notice them. I love that saying your husbands uncle had. I am going to write that down and put it somewhere I can see it often.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina the vellum flowers are goregous. Thank you for sharing your uncle's thoughts!! P.S. I laughed at your "burning rubber" comment :0)

Tracey Brossart said...

Wow very elegant! Love the gorgeous vellum flowers and your piercing looks great too!

Tracey xx :D

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Absolutely love this card, all the elements are just perfect! Happy New Year my friend! {{{Hugs}}}

Nancy L. said...

your card is BEAUTIFUL!!
happy new year!!

Sharron said...

Such a beautiful card, Nerina. I love the vellum flowers! Thanks for sharing hubby's uncle's quote. Wishing you and your family a truly marvelous New Year. Hugs!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love those flowers made with the vellum! They are so delicate looking. Beautiful card!

Jen Carter said...

Beautiful! Love, love, love how you created those flowers! They look so beautiful! This card is very pretty!

Angy said...

Beautiful! Been way too long since I checked on your blog. Some gorgeous work - I am completely and totally inspired.

Wendy said...

Another absolutely gorgeous card! I love your style.