Friday, January 28, 2011

Case Study #24

 Hi Peeps :0)!

I have been wanting to play in the CASE study challenges for a while now - and decided that this was the week to jump in! Mercy Kerin has been the muse for the month - and this is her card that we have been inspired with this week ...


Those lovely 3 focal flowers really do pop out don't they? Earlier this week I had seen THESE beautiful vellum embellies ... and really wanted to try and make something similar.

So here is where the challenge took me:

Case Study

Instead of changing the colour of the central panel, I opted to change texture for it instead. I used a strip of background stamping - inspired by the original and used stitching instead of the punched border.

Case Study Deet

The black sentiment is heat embossed on clear cardstock (a first for me, and a lot of fun to try! :0). The pearls in the background are used in lieu of the dotted sparkles in Mercy's original card ... and a lovely big button to finish it off!

So there it is! I was really pleased with the way this one turned out IRL - it's really fresh - and goes well with the weather. It's so mild that we have birds inspecting the bird house in the back yard. (They don't usually nest until March!!) I hope they don't get caught out by a cold spell!

Hope you're in for a TOTALLY WONDERFUL weekend!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, BB - Diamonds, Polka Dot Basics II, BB - Woodgrain - (Papertrey Ink)
Sentiment - Hero Arts

16 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Nerina you always make the most amazing cards. This is so beautiful with the beautiful butterflies. I love the woodgrain impression plate ....... truly a work of art!!!

Heather P. said...

This is so ethereal and just gorrrgeous!

Karen H. said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the blue/white combo and also the combo of both vertical and horizontal wood grain.

Lindsay said...

Oh my Nerina! This is just a breath of frosty-fresh air! I looove those butterflies and the IP background! EVERYTHING!

lostinpaper said...

Just gorgeous!

lostinpaper said...

Just gorgeous!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the butterflies and the embossed background too.

ChristineCreations said...

Gorgeous vellum butterflies...what a pretty card!

Amy said...

What more can I say than amazing! Love the IP background and the placement of all the pearls!!

Heidi said...

Nerina this is fabulous! The butterflies are so sweet and you are a master with the pearls my friend!!

Peggysuez said...

This card is fabulous!!! And I really wish I had stopped here before I placed my PTI order a few days ago . . . I was teetering about the woodgrain impression plate and now I have to go put it in my cart for a future purchase! Bad girl you enabler!!! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Your vellum butterflies are just magnificent!!! LOVELY card!!!

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I LOVE those soft butterflies over that wonderful woodgrain background! :) Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

Julie said...

So beautiful, love the woodgrain and the butterflies together!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful card my friend!

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness this is so beautiful, the slight touch of blue is stunning, i just adore those butterflies.
love tasha xx