Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Colour Cue Challenge #11

Here is what Dawn and the W Plus 9 team have come up with for their latest challenge - it's NUMBER 11 so far!

That last neutral gave me lots of trouble ... black (too severe??), grey (too sombre??), brown (too rich??), kraft (mmmm!) nice idea ... maybe soft stone .... (very tempting!!) ...

And then it dawned on me that there was another neutral I hadn't considered yet - something a bit out of the box that would lend a playful and fun feel to this challenge - and that's where I went ...

Colour Cue #11

How about clear??? LOL! I haven't made too many clear cards in my little crafty life - they really are quite a different process aren't they?

The aqua on the card is included in the punched piece behind the focal mat ... and in the button. (I discovered that remembering to make enough layers to hide all the sticky work is the least of one's creative dilemmas with these little creatures ... photographing them is another world altogether :0)!! Ack!

Colour Cue #11 Deet

So there it is :0) Thank you so much to the ladies at W Plus 9 for another round of *fantastic* fun - and thanks to you, dear reader, for taking a moment to peek in!

Have an awesome day Peeps!!

x

N

**000**

Stamps: Flower Wallpaper (full card front) - Hero Arts
Heart Prints, Mixed Messages, Polka Dot Basics II - Papertrey Ink

18 comments:

Lindsay said...

OH MY WORD Nerina! This is A-Mazing! Wow! Where do I begin? Love the flowers on the clear cardstock the use of Heart prints, the stitching...LOVE!

Christina said...

Nerina!! This is brilliant and completely gorgeous! I wouldn't even know where to start in making a clear card, but this is amazing. So clever of you to add the perfect neutral that takes nothing away from the other soft colors.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Can you spell Gorgeous?! There is so much you have incorporated into this card and it is beautiful! I like all the Swiss dots and swirls with the see through flowers on the clear cardstock. Just fabulous work my dear!

Heather P. said...

I totally echo what everyone else has said so far... This is A-MA-ZING! Wow!!

Sharron said...

A hundred WOW's! This is just breathtaking--one of those cards that you can look at again & again and still find something marvelous. Can you tell I love it!!

Katie Renz said...

That is such a gorgeous card... that pink. I don't get to see much pink in my family.

Thank you so much for visiting and following me on my journey!

Gayatri said...

AMAZING card, Nerina! Love all the details on your card. Great work as always )

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my, Nerina, this is GORGEOUS! So pretty and elegant!

Cristina said...

Wowee zowee! I'm so impressed that you tackled a clear card! And the results are incredible. So, so pretty.

Sue Ann said...

I would you had no problem with that last color .... this is over the top beautiful and your attention to detail on every aspect of this card is simply amazing. You really are so amazing!!!

Monica K. said...

Wow, Nerina!! This is awesome! I love the stamping on the clear cardstock and the soft pinks. The gemstones on the scallops is also wonderful. I cannot get over how talented you are. Lovely card!!

Kim Singdahlsen said...

All your cards are truly gorgeous, but your recent three or four cards that are very subtle, tone-on-tone are absolutely amazing! They are so subtle and simple yet have amazing impact.

Angy said...

Very pretty Nerina! Love it! I really want to try my hand at a clear card but keep forgetting to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

Terri said...

Very pretty! Love all the different elements.

Peggysuez said...

You're framing this? Right? Sending it to a magazine? The president or prime minister? WOW!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, my gracious, Nerina! This is stunning! I, absolutely, LOVE every last detail! I couldn't possibly pick a favorite! Wow!

Thanks so much, too, for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love during the Wplus9 release! It means so much to me!

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW. I absolutely love this card i think it is outstanding, so beautiful. Such a gorgeous design
love tasha xx

Kerrianne said...

STUNNING!! Love this gorgeous card!! Thank you so much for joining us at Wplus9 Design!!