Saturday, January 29, 2011

Colour Goes Moxie Fab

The Moxie Fab World blog has been alive with colours for the past while ... loodles of gorgeous combos as a new pub comes out with even more offerings of colour combos .... Yummy!

We've been offered a chance to play with them - and all those hues have real names in the Bazzill Cardstock world :0)

I didn't have any Bazzill to play with (boohooo!) - so had to judge the original colours according to the cards which Cath posted for our delectation!!

Here is the combo which called loudly and clearly to my little creative soul ...

And that middle twiggy colour looked a tad warmer in the card pics than in the swatch (it's not just me bluffing right??!)

So here is where the muse meandered :0)

Moxie Colour

I ended up working with Cream, Linen and Ocean Tides on this one ... with oodles of Stickles and a sprinkling of pearls ...

Moxie Colour Deet

The lattice work punch is new to my collection - and is made by Martha Stewart. It was a case of love at first sight for me!  

NO RIBBON on this one (gasp!!) but a tad of heat embossing - I couldn't go cold turkey on everything all at once ... LOL!

Hope your weekend is full of goodly things Peeps!!

Hugs!!

xx

N

***000***

Stamps: Year of Flowers (Rose), Fancy Flourishes, Signature Greetings - Papertrey Ink


12 comments:

Heidi said...

Nerina that is a gorgeous card!!! I'm loving that lattice too. All the pearls and stickles really set the flower off. Just stunning!!

Sue Ann said...

That lattice is crazy........ I LOVE THAT and it was the perfect touch to this card....... and it was just a touch because there are so many amazing elements on this... the pearls along the bottom are so beautiful and the rose image and how you outlined it is just stunning!!! This is just beautiful Nerina .......

Cristina said...

Another beauty! And I hereby anoint you the embossing queen. :) Cream, linen, and ocean tides were what I thought the colors looked like, too, especially after I saw the sample cards. You nailed this one.

Lindsay said...

LOVELY Nerina! I adore those roses and how the just glimmer! Great work with the colors!

Peggysuez said...

Love the lattice! And I think ocean tides is a great color substitution. Nice, bold flower!

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, the flowers, the lattice, the pearls, simply STUNNING!

Kay said...

This is truly beautiful- you made that color combo look GOOD!
I really enjoy the gold embossing- it just POPS off the card- wonderful!

Sharron said...

Oh my gosh! Another gorgeous creation--I love visiting your blog! Those colors are fabulous. I like the linen so much that I wish I could use it on every card! And the lattice really makes a statement and sets off your elegant card. What kind of embossing powder do you use? I have tried several golds but haven't found any that work well for very detailed work, as in the sentiments. Happy Monday!

Terri said...

Very nice! Great substitutes for those colors. I love the lattice at the bottom and the gold embossing too!

Tasha said...

Wow this is so inredibly beautiful. I love the unique colour combo - it is so sophisticated and elegant
love tasha xx

Ziggyeor said...

Wow your card is just jaw dropping! I love the color combo but you really made it sparkle.

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)