Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confessions of a Hoard-a-holic :0)

O.K. So I *LOVE* patterned paper. {{{LOOOOOOVE}}}!!! When I click onto an online scrapping store one of the first places I look is the DP department.  Mmmmmm!

So why is it so difficult to actually USE it?? Is it because I can't bear the thought of actually snipping it up and parting with it? Or is it because deep down somewhere I'm not really a DP crafter? ( and do I really want to know a hard hitting honest answer to this question????) Seriously, it takes three times as long to make a card *WITH* DP as without!

A while ago a pad of Basic Grey's Capella came into my hot little hands. Seen any of that on the blog lately?

Sigh.

So without further ado ... let me introduce you to some thank you cards - made with very specific recipients in mind - that cut into that treasured hoard ... (drum roll please ....)

Traditional Style TY

This was made for an older couple. Their taste is really traditional. She loves things that are truly PRETTY and feminine ... he is an artisanal carpenter (AMAZING stuff!)

Traditional Style TY Deet

And another .... this is for the Papertrey Peeps very own Terri Moore. The Peeps first challenge of 2011 was to make a thank you card ... and it seemed so natural to thank Terri - who organises our blog, co-ordinates challenge dates (with reminders!) and finds birthday cakes (in people's favourite colours) to grace the blog on their special day. Terri - I'm so grateful for all of the work that you put into the blog - for keeping us up, running and on the same page! You've done a wonderful job over the past year -  thank you for being willing to do it all again!!

Grateful for You

This comes with BIG hugs!!

Grateful for You Deet

The colours in this card are quieter - but it's actually my personal fave of the two :0)!!

Sorry for such a long post - but these were kinda similar and I thought they should go in together.

I'm popping these in to play at Wee Memories this week too - they have a ribbon challenge happening there LOVELY stuff! :0)

Thank you so much for stopping in .... hope you have a fantastic weekend planned!

Hugs Peeps!

x

N

***000***

Stamps: Traditional Card - A Little Argyle, Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink)
Sentiment - Hero Arts
Circular Frame - JustRite Stampers

Grateful For You Card - A Little Argyle, Fillable Frames #10, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Spatter - All Night Media


23 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow both are incredible! You are definately a paper crafter = these are exquisite!
love tasha xx

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Both cards are graceful and elegant. Very pretty PP. Have a great weekend!

Terri said...

The are both great! I love the one you made for me though! It is my pleasure to be able to help with the group. Your kind words really mean a lot to me though.

Christina said...

Oh Nerina, I agree with you completely! I am so drawn to beautiful papers but have such a HARD time using them. So glad I'm not alone!

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! You've mixed the papers so beautifully, and I love how the blue ribbon stands out on both cards. Oh, and the pearls! Just lovely!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow....stunning cards, Nerina. They are so beautiful and elegant. No matter what you use...it's always FAB!

Sue Ann said...

Nerina you could use a beaten down and used paper bag and make it look AMAZING!! These cards are just fabulous!! And you are a PP papercrafter without a doubt!!!

Heidi said...

Stunning cards Nerina!!! Wowza! The patterned paper is gorgeous and all of your details really set it off.

Lindsay said...

Wowsers Nerina! These are gorgeous! So perfectly executed!

Rhonda said...

This is "Nerina Style" at its finest!! Just beautiful.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, these are such gorgeous cards! So pretty & elegant. Thank you for playing with us at Wee Memories! :)

Amy said...

You do WONDERS with DP! These are no exception! Your layouts and yes the colors in the DP are fantastic!

Dana said...

Both of these obviously come with a bundle of true thankfulness Nerina. I can see your meaning right on the page! Simply lovely cards, with beautiful blue ribbons!

Jinny Newlin said...

So beautiful, Nerina! I adore that stamped flourish on the first card and your stamped background on the second! Those little roses are the perfect, finishing touches! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories!

Heather P. said...

I have the hardest time cutting into patterned paper also... It's just so pretty!! :)

You've done a fantabulous job w/the patterns on these cards... Just gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Nerina, these are both gorgeous! You always do magic with patterned papers. Love the bows and little roses and especially how you add pearls here & there as wonderful finishing touches!

Kristii said...

Nerina, you are amazing!!! I just love your work!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Aimes said...

Yay! Another hoarder like myself who is trying to use it up! Why do we buy so much of this DP? I guess I just like the pretty patterns :)
Well I'm using your creations as inspiration to cut into some sheets and make something pretty out of it!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cammie said...

Nerina, the problem is definitely NOT that you have design problems with patterned paper.These cards are GORGEOUS! I love the flourish you've added to the second and the ribbon colors and roses are such lovely embellishments. I am another hoarder of DP. One of my crafting resolutions for this year is to use some before buying more--not easy as I see some of the new lines being introduced with winter CHA.

Elizabeth Allan said...

So beautiful Nerina. Glad you cut into those patterned papers or else we wouldn't have been treated to your wonderful cards.

Joan B said...

these are gorgeous, full of all those details. just beautifully made.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are so pretty Nerina! Love the soft color palette that you have used on both!

Diane Jaquay said...

I always feel like I'm running out of adjectives to describe the beauty of your work Nerina. What can I say, you are the "Queen of Gorgeous"!!!

Wendy said...

You did great using the DP, you should try it more often. I'm the say way, paper saver 4 sure.