Sunday, January 2, 2011

Glitter is Moxie!

Hi everyone!! How is 2011 going so far? :0)

The last Moxie Fab World Challenge that Cath put out was to use glitter on a project - and she got our mojo flowing with some totally gorgeous inspiration - in this "Glitter is Glam" post ... ouch - what a tough act to follow!! Hmmmm. Think, think, think ....

About a year ago Heather Pulvirenti posted a gorgeous card where she used Diamond Dust instead of glitter on a card .... it's like glitter - with a difference! So I took my cue from Heather for this challenge too :0)

Glitter me Moxie

The jar says to use on "styrofoam balls to create frosted ornaments, artificial fruits and flowers for a 'sugared' look" ... and you know - it really *DOES* look like sugar, LOL!  It twinkles just like sugar crystals too!

Glitter me Moxie Deet

The style of this card is totally inspired by Betsy Veldman - and started with the patterned paper. It's from My Mind's Eye's Fine and Dandy line, and is called 'Tickled Pink'. I thought of Betsy IMMEDIATELY when I saw it. It really should be called "Fine and Betsy" or something, doncha think?

The little Banner Border die cut poking out at the bottom of the frame was a happy crafting moment - I discovered that those little borders fit perfectly into this  "Framed" stamp image - and thought that this one looked like a little tablecloth or napkin poking out of the frame :0) 

So there it is. I had so much fun thinking this one through and putting it together! Thanks for the challenge Cath - and thanks to everyone who pops by!

Have an awesome day Peeps!

HUGS! :0)

***000***

Stamps: Cupcakes (Baby Button Bits), Banner (Banner Builder), Woodgrain (Background Basics Woodgrain), Frame and Sentiment (Framed) - Papertrey Ink
Text (Text It) - Waltzingmouse Stamps

18 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Glitter is Moxie when Nerina is involved. The paper choice is OMG ..... LOVE IT !!! Love it all and now I WANT A CUPCAKE!!!

Aimes said...

Ooooh sugar sweetness!!!! Love the effect with that Diamond Dust - might have to check it out myself (and resist temptation to eat it!)
I especially love your stitching! So envious of it ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Daniela said...

So pretty, I love everything about this!!!

Christina said...

These cupcakes are super cute, especially with the Diamond Dust! I should "dust" mine off, too! Love your stitching and fabulous mixy-matchy papers!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty! and you are right it is something like Betsy would do. It's all those patterns and colors. Lovely 'sugar' on it too!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Glitter is Glam challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Helen F. said...

WOWZA! Love the diamond dust cupcakes, Nerina. They are sparkling just like sugar and look good enough to eat :o)

Heather P. said...

This card is so totally FAB! Your mix of patterns and colors are rockin'! :)

Sharron said...

So fabulous--love the patterns and colors and wonderful diamond dust! A yummy creation to be sure!

Terri said...

Very sweet. Love all the different patterns and colors. I have never heard of diamond dust. I may have to find out more about it now.

Jen Carter said...

LOVE the sparkle on these!! Love the patterns you used! I really love the tablecloth idea, that is genius!! Beautiful and fun card!!

Cammie said...

Happy, happy--this is what I am feeling looking at this sugary, glittery, colorful card this morning. Pure Nerina-creative loveliness!

Peet said...

oh, these cupcakes looks great! Fabulous card, Nerina!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina these cupcakes look so delicious! So sparkly and cheerful.

lynda said...

I love everything about this card! The sparkle, the embellishments, and especially the touch of the die cut underneath like a tablecloth. Very original...great colors!

Peggysuez said...

I really WISH you hadn't told me whose patterned paper that is, it is calling my name now! And those CUPcakes, what GORgeousness! The sparkle and the just yummyliciousness. Great card!

Keva said...

Cute!

Angy said...

Oh my goodness this is just glittery goodness! Yum! Great job Nerina, I love the mix of colors also.