Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Subtle ...

Happy Wednesday Peeps :0)!! How is the week going? We're having oodles of very COLD sunshine! It's amazing how it warms up when it snows - and really cools off when the sky is clear and the sun comes out!?!

Here is a card that I made after being inspired by a Moxie Trigger a few weeks ago. The idea came to me right after seeing the inspiration pic, and I've finally had a chance to try it out. The result is REALLY subtle and a bit camera shy ... but overall it makes me happy! :0) I see that Crazy For Challenges has a "Thank You" card challenge happening at present - so I'm going to pop this one in there to play along!

Winter Whites

The cardstock base is Vintage Cream, the flowers and frame are heat embossed with white embossing powder...

Winter Whites Deet

The little butterfly was heat embossed on vellum and attached with twine 'feelers' - Dawn style!

And hopefully for those peeps who aren't a huge fan of loads of layers, this will be a breath of fresh CAS air after my last card :0)

Heeee!

Hope you're in for a great day! Ours is beautiful - we just need to WRAP UP if we open the door!

xx

N

***000***

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Fillable Frames #10, Butterfly Dreams - Papertrey Ink

17 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty, Nerina! I love the white embossed on cream, definitely going to try that myself sometime!!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous Nerina! I love tone-on-tone and this just makes me happy!

Nancy L. said...

o!! this is sooooooo pretty!!

Joan B said...

a stunner

Kay said...

This is beautiful- so soft and elegant, and I just ADORE the tone on tone embossing! {happy sigh}

Aimes said...

Hey stranger! So lovely to see your wonderful creations grace my monitor screen once again :)
You are officially my source of inspiration when it comes to vellum! Truly beautiful!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kathy Martin said...

Gorgeous!

Heather P. said...

This is absolutely, positively, beautiful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So, so beautiful! Love the softness of it and the vellum butterfly is so pretty!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

This is just beautiful!!!

Rhonda said...

The vellum butterfly is great. Love the soft colors.

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I adore that butterfly in the vellum!!!

Jen Carter said...

Gorgeous!! So beautiful!

Heidi said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog again Nerina.

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is STUNNING! It is so soft & delicate with the white on cream and I love the vellum butterfly!

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the white on cream, The vellum butterfly and all the bling too!

Amy said...

Wow, I'm loving all the white lately but now ivory? PERFECTION, I say!