Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Heartfelt Thanks ...

Hi Peeps!! I thought I would share the card we gave to the vet who attended to our dear dog. She was just one of the wonderful people in the world - who really went to every length she possibly could to help - and was one of the most sensitive people I've met. We appreciated her more than I could express!

My mojo is feeling a little dented at the mo! So I took a HEAPING helping of inspiration from a card made by Carly Robertson, which was featured in the September/October issue of Papercrafts Mag. I loved it when I first saw it - and although the original was a baby card, I felt that it was *just* what was needed!

Here is my version ...

Gratitude

The paper is from My Mind's Eye - Fine and Dandy, Tickled Pink ... and there is a healthy helping of Waltzingmouse goodness in this one!

Gratitude Deet

We will be heading off to the hills for about a week here. My hunkadorus has the days off and just needs to de-brief after all of the emotions of the past week.

Hope that you're having a goodly day!! And if it isn't - I hope that you're blessed with someone who just makes it that *little* bit easier .... like our vet.

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Text It, Holiday Labels - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Fancy Flourishes, Signature Greetings - Papertrey Ink

22 comments:

Cammie said...

Nerina, I am sorry to learn you had to say goodbye to your dog, and I hope your family finds some comfort on your get away.
Your soft lovely card is such a sweet gesture. I am sure your vet will be touched by your thoughtfulness. Sending a huge hug to you!

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet Nerina. It is so so hard to lose them. I will be thinking about you and your family! This card is wonderfully perfect. It just screams sweetness! I loooove it!

Heather P. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet girl! :( I am terrible w/words, but know that I am thinking about you guys and sending you massive HUGS!

Rhonda said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your special 4 footed family member. That is always so hard on the kids.

This is a beauty of a card Nerina. sending HUGS to all. I hope the time away is refreshing.

Christina said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to say goodbye to your furry friend. I know what a special place they can have in our families, so I'm thinking of you and yours today and sending big hugs.
Your card is absolutely beautiful, Nerina. I'm sure your vet will be touched by YOUR thoughtfulness.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Oh Kerry, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved doggie. I hope you and the family can relax and recharge on your few days away! Lots of hugs to you!

Angy said...

Nerina, this is just so beautiful.

Angy said...

Nerina, this is just so beautiful.

Diane Jaquay said...

Sorry to hear about your dog Nerina, losing a family member is always so hard :( Your card has brightened my day with it's beauty, you are just the BEST!!!

Sharron said...

Nerina, I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. Our pets become our furry family members and give us endless joy. It is so hard to say goodbye. I am glad you had a wonderful vet to help. Love your beautiful card. I'm sure your vet adore it.

I'm happy for your time away--relax & enjoy! Sending a huge HUG your way!

Ingrid Danvers said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. Your card is stunning. So beautiful! Love the soft colors.

Aimes said...

Oh Nerina! Sending you the BIGGEST hugs from across the pond! I'm really so, so, so sorry to hear of your loss :(
I find getting inky is a good way to take my mind of things - I hope you found that too when making this STUNNING card! I know the one you've taken inspiration from and I think is makes for a fabulous Thank You card!
Hang in there, girly!
HUGS!
Aimes
x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card this is. I'm sure your vet will appreciate it very much. I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear furry friend. We'll all be here waiting for you when you can come back and share your beautiful creations once again. Take care.

Amy said...

Gorgeous Nerina! This is such a soothing thoughtful card!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so lovely!

Linda said...

This is such a lovely card. You are such a caring and thoughtful person. I'm glad you have such a wonderful vet. Hope your getaway is healing for both of you. Sending big cyber hugs to you and your family.

Elizabeth Allan said...

So sorry for your loss. Your card is beautiful.

Jen Carter said...

OH goodness!! This is gorgeous!! So beautiful!

Terri said...

I don't know how I missed this one it is beautiful. I am bet the vet loved it.

Wendy said...

SO thoughtful of you, I'm sure the vet loved it!
I LOVE these flowers, I'm going to look to see if you say what brand they are, I need some!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Nerina! I'm so sorry about your beloved pet! I know how difficult that is. Sending you big ((hugs)).
Your card is just gorgeous. You are so very, very talented. I'm sure your vet was extremely touched by this.

Angela Conklin said...

Very beautiful card!