Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just A Happy Card ....

Hi Peeps! Have you seen the new Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World blog? I have been feeling really drawn to white space and bright colours over the past few days - and when this one popped up on the screen, the inspiration was instantaneous! Wooo!

(As Cath would say ... Check it! :0)

So it was only a hop, skip and jump to end up here:

Happy Thoughts

I was talking with someone this afternoon - and there was this amazing tissue box behind them - which gave me the idea of off-setting the flower fillers and outlines in the card! (Hopefully my fascination with the kleenex wasn't off-putting to the lady I was talking to!) Eeep!

Here is a little deet shot - the centres of the flowers are circles punched out of chartreuse cardstock - with a dew drop adhered over the top ...

Happy Thoughts Deet

So there it is ... what FUN it was to put this one together!

Thanks for popping in and visiting with me! I hope you're having a wonderful evening (or morning - or afternoon ... :0)

Do take care! Blessings to you!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Friendship (Hero Arts)

22 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So pretty! Love the flower design!

Christina said...

This is such a happy card! I love the way the flowers pop off of the white, and the bold sentiment.

Aimes said...

Fun, fun, FUN! Love your take on the trigger, Nerina! So literal and fabulous! Sure the lady won't mind you staring at Kleenex boxes for inspiration (I did the same today at the hairdresses staring at the pretty hair products LOL!) I think it's just something we're programmed to do!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lindsay said...

Soooo fabulous Nerina! I love those flowers! I was just telling my husband how I can't stop making cards with pops of color on white space! Great minds think alike!

Tina said...

What a cheerful card! The flower centers are a nice finishing touch!

Angy said...

Nerina, that is adorable - so bright, cheery and fun! Great job, the offsetting of the outline adds a lot of visual interest.

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this certainly IS a happy card Nerina; SUPERB work!

Ginny said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!!!!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful simple card!

Karen H. said...

Love this! What a great job with the trigger piece.

Sharron said...

Goodness, so perfect for the challenge! And the offset design makes it similar yet so original. Wonderful fun sentiment too--definitely adds to the happy feel.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina this is one of my favorite cards!!! Just looooove it to pieces.

Heather P. said...

Oh, this just makes me smile from ear to ear! What a lovely card!

Rae said...

Your lovely card makes me smile!

Leah H said...

Gorgeous! I love how it's clean and bright and deceptively simple. Beautifully done!

Amy said...

Eek! This is so perfect for the trigger! I had to play along with this one too...an idea just popped into my head as soon as I saw this trigger pic this week!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Helen F. said...

Such a 'happy' card, Nerina! Love how you double stamped those gorgeous flowers.

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this card. Clean, simple, and fabulous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Brilliant! Fantastic take on that pillow. Love, love, love the stamping here, and the dew drops add a perfect finishing touch.

Keva said...

This is such a fun and cheery card! It makes me want to go home and stamp right now!

Shelly said...

You make such beautiful cards!!! I read your comment at Paper Crafts Connection and just had to pop over and see who this "Stamping, stamping, stamping = Joy, joy, joy!" person was! :)