Monday, February 28, 2011

Paper Piecing for Baby ...

Our local Baby Donations box is apparently out of Baby Boy cards ... so I'm on the hook for that one :0)

Cath is running a Paper Piecing Challenge at the Moxie Fab World blog this month ... and I've had this idea going around my head since December. So all things considered, the time just seemed right to play with it!

Paper Piecing

This tree is from Papertrey's "Merry Little Christmas" set ... and I didn't actually buy it for Christmas. It's just the right sort of tree to hang all sorts of goodies on - all year 'round, don't you think? (Including banners ;0)!

The little ride-on horse is from Hero Arts "Precious Baby Boy" set ... and is a wee bit of a stinker to piece, but worth the effort in the end - that image is so super-cute! He's popped up on some foam for a bit of dimension.

Paper Piecing Deet

Some glitter and a fun ribbon/button treatment to finish it off - and I'm one in for the challenge and one down for the Baby Box :0)

Thank you for stopping in to see me today! I hope you find the rest of it simply wonderful in many ways!!!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Merry Little Christmas - Papertrey Ink
Precious Baby Boy - Hero Arts
Ever After (Sentiment) - WPlus9
Alphabet - JustRite Stampers

22 comments:

Isha said...

Super cute card. Love it.

Lindsay said...

Soo cute Nerina! I love the LO and all the adorable elements on it!

Christina said...

This is so cute and clever! What a great idea for the tree and banner. Love the glitter strip and ribbon treatment, too!

Rhonda said...

This is a winner Nerina!! Love the banner on the tree.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina you have done it again - very adorable. Love the color combination and the flag banner is so cute.

Amy said...

Talk about paper piecing!! This is fantastic! I love that little horse!

Lea L. said...

This is so, so adorable!! I love your cute little paper pieced rocking horse, and the banner looks fab! And I totally agree with you about the tree in that PTI stamp set-tee hee!

Aimes said...

Such a sweet card, Nerina! Love the way you have the banner hanging from the tree - super cute!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

ADORABLE!!

Rebecca said...

So cute! I love how you used the banner.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute Nerina! Love the little banner!

Pauline said...

This is absolutely delightful! I love the paper pieced banner, and the tree is beautifully stamped! Love the little dog and the big button on the ribbon, a wonderful card xx

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Nerina!! How are you, girl? I've been thinking about you....definitely wanted to pop by and say hello.
This card is just gorgeous! Such FUN use of that tree stamp and the banner. And how stinking cute is that paper pieced rocking horse? You are just SO good!
I'm really looking forward to catching up some on your blog. I've got a coffee in hand, and I'm ready for some serious eye candy. :)

Nadine said...

OMGoodness Nerina, adorable!!! I love everything about this card, especially how you used the tree from Merry Little Christmas! That is such a versatile set, I need to add it to my cart…thanks for enabling me, lol!

Lee Anne said...

I love everything about this card, from the offset banner, to the bi-colored leaves. The knot in the bow, to the glittered strip. This is just amazing!

Keva said...

Well, this is just so lovely, Nerina! I love love love it. The colors look perfect together and the layout is fantastic.

Sharron said...

Goodness, Nerina- this is a definite winner! I love the tree from that set and the banner is a perfect addition. Lots of wonderful details but the highlight is your sweet little rocking horse. He is so beautifully pieced and SO cute!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Absolutely beautiful card, love all the details and the cute cute banner!!

jen said...

Love this to bits! I bought that set for the same reason! (not for Christmas!) think I need to dust it off!!

Terri said...

Very cute! The tree works great and the banner is fab too!

Ingrid said...

Wow!!! Stunning and cute card, Nerina. I love it!!!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)