Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine for Daddy

Hi Everyone (BIG wave!! :0)

Gracious I'm really starting to miss playing along with all the fun! Our week away was wonderful - I did some sewing for my girlies (eeep, so out of practice!) and went through lots of family pictures too. It was good.

I came home to some pretty jolly, ENORMOUSLY exciting news ... a Publication Acceptance from Paper Crafts. (SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK!!) I'm a bit behind getting things together now - but hopefully everything will still go through! :0)

Anyhoo. For today, here is a little card to give loads and loodles of love to Daddy ...

A Name for Love

The leaf is stamped with dye ink, the veins are embossed over it in gold ... and I found my missing wood buttons - which had been AWOL for what seems like forever. They were on my craft desk and I've probably looked at them every day and just not seen them !!??!!

That only happens to me - right? ;0)

Heeeee, heeee!

xxxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Leaf Prints, Framed - Papertrey Ink
World's Best - Verve

I also want to pop a little note in under here too - to all those people who have left me words of encouragement here on the blog, and who have emailed me privately during our sad time. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Every single thought and kindness is appreciated more than I can express! Bless you all!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Glad youre back Nerina! Missed those lovely creations. AWESOME NEWS! Can't wait to see it on the glossy pages of PC! This card is just fantastic, love the glittering leaf and that wood button is just well, wonderful!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

So glad to "see" you! I have missed your super fabulous cards!! I love this card, favorite of the day for sure! AND...congrats on the acceptance from PC, hooray and well deserved!! Hugs!

Aimes said...

Wa-hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Oh what fabby news for you, Nerina! Though I'm not at all surprised you've been picked up for publication - you're one super talented stamper as is demonstrated with this beautiful card! Adore the simplicity of the design, the boldness of the leaf against the crisp white and the delicate veins shining away - pure bliss!
I hope you're keeping well - been thinking about ya!
HUGS!
Aimes
x

Lea L. said...

I happened upon your blog while just hopping around this morning...and you create gorgeous cards!! This one included...I will definitely be checking back!!

Diane Jaquay said...

I've missed your posts Nerina, glad to see you back! This card is stunning in it's simplicity, as I like to say, CAS perfection!!

Terri said...

I wondered where you have been
Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip. Congrats on your publication acceptance! Great job on this card glad you found your buttons too!

Rae said...

I know this is an old post, but I had to leave a comment when I saw what you wrote about your missing wood buttons! Mine are missing right now and I am going crazy trying to find them! I am so annoyed with myself. Anyway... : ) Your card is wonderful, I love the simplicity of the look. Your work is inspiring. TFS!

Amy said...

Woooweeee!!! This is one fantastic man card....one that I will have to try and CASE sometime! Just the right amount of "stuff" for a man card! The gold really sets this apart!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous masculine card! I love how you use white. The embossing gives this so much visual eye texture. Gorgeous stamping. Love the gold embossing and love the twine and button.