Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Delightful Doilies (Scheduled Post)

Hellooooo Peeps!! I thought I'd schedule a post in for while we're away ... and I had something new to play with - so it wasn't too difficult to find something to pop in here :0)

My Mind's Eye brought out some really delightful Doily stamps in their "Stella and Rose - Gertie" line - and although they aren't photopolymer, at $6 the temptation to try them out was quite overwhelming. They're cute. Very cute ...

Dinky Doilies

They're stamped over a Waltzingmouse Text-it background in white ink on Kraft. A touch of crocheted lace..

Dinky Doilies Deet

... and a rosebud that really reminds me of my Grandmother - who had an old fashioned rose garden when I was a tot, and I still remember rows and rows of incredibly beautiful roses!

So there it is! Thanks for popping in!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Text-It, Vintage Labels 4, Holiday Labels 14 (Waltzingmouse)
Doilies (My Mind's Eye, Stella and Rose - Gertie Collection)
Little Bitty Bird (Papertrey Ink)

15 comments:

Lea L. said...

This card is gorgeous!! I just love the doilies, and the mix of trim and ribbon is fabulous!! Love that pop of color in the flower too!!

Keva said...

This is lovely. I really like the colors and those stamps look great. Hope you're having fun!!

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS Nerina! I looove the text and doilies along with that edge. The whole card is so fabulous! Hope you're having a blast!

Diane Jaquay said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Peggysuez said...

That is so very pretty! Hope you are having a good trip!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So elegant looking. Love the lace and the doily images.

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love those doilies and the crochet trim too!

Simone said...

Nerina this is absolutely stunning! Love the lace and those colours! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

How gorgeous, Nerina!! I love your stamping. Love how you layered the doilies over the text, and love the white on kraft. That is one of my most favorite looks. Gorgeous scalloped edging and lace and bow. Totally love the sentiment tag and the pop of color on the flower. Gee, did I leave anything out??
Guess you can tell I truly LOVE it all! :)

Sharron said...

Stunning, Nerina! Makes me think of a fabulous antique treasure. Love the creamy, dreamy look--the doilies, lace & ribbon with the single red rosebud!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The orange burst of color in the flower is so eye-catching. Beautiful card Nerina.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

OH my this is so beautiful! Hope you are enjoying your time away!

Tasha said...

So simple and yet so elegant and beautiful, stunning design
love tasha xx

Jen Carter said...

This card is so beautiful and elegant!! I love the doilies over the text background and the pop of red!

{PaperCrafterAnonymous} said...

Your work is beautiful.. The photography of your work is excellent also.. What do you use/how do you set it up?