Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hospitality.

Happy Thursday everyone! (Thursday - can you believe it??!)

Life is going through one of those super-hectic times here. Funny how things can just muddle around for a while and then someone pushes the fast forward button, isn't it?!

I thought I'd share a simple little card, made for the folks who blessed us last weekend ...

Hospitality

I started with some Bitty Background Blocks and used them as little mats for the other images ...

Hospitality Deet

I think our mail system will ignore that one little button and let this go through under the normal postage rate - so I'm hoping it will mail well!

I'm busy trying to do some more sewing here - my favourite pattern for girl's dresses at the mo:

No zippers!!! But I do find that sewing really squishes my card making mojo - so weird!

Anyhoo. Best get back at it!

Thanks for popping in :0)!

xx

N

***000***

Stamps: Bitty Background Blocks, Love Lives Here, Home Made - Papertrey Ink

10 comments:

Keva said...

What a sweet card! I really like the color choices you made and the scored lines at the bottom look cool.

I so wish I could sew. I've never actually tried, but seeing as how putting twine through buttons frustrates me, i'm not sure I could actually turn out a real outfit. :) Very cute dresses, though!

Jacklyn-Jessa said...

Very cute card! Just a little tip that might work (or might not). Only a couple of times I've gotten cards back in the mail that had a button (or other embellishment) on them. So what I do is (after making sure I put the front of the card towards the back side of the envelope) I put a clear piece of packaging tape over the part where the button is. I put it back in the mail and have never gotten one back. It's worth a try ;)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is beautiful, Nerina! I love the folk art feel of it. I have this set but haven't used it very much yet (bad Diane lol!) Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsay said...

This is just perfect Nerina! I want those blocks now! Great work as always! I hope things slow down a bit for ya!

Rhonda said...

This is cute Nerina!!! I'm with Diane - definite folk art feel.

Sharron said...

So charming, Nerina! I love the clean look and primary colors. I split this set with someone on the PTI forum so I have the images only. I especially enjoy the heart and house and agree that they have a folk art look. Good luck with your sewing--have a great weekend!

Terri said...

Great job! I especially like the bright colors you used. Have fun sewing!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Nerina! Love the design and the serenity you achieved with the cream cardbase and the clean lines. the embossing around the sentiment is such a great idea. Totally highlights it in such an elegant way. Love those bitty blocks, too. Sweet houses and hearts in hand images. Love that the one house has no block. Really fun and subtle way to draw attention.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great design Nerina. I had to laugh when you mentioned zippers. They can be a bit of a headache....

Tasha said...

Oh this is so fun, i really like the homey/cross stitch feel to it and the lovely colours
love tasha xx