Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Less-Loved ... (Scheduled Post)

Helloooo again ... :0)

Here is a card that was not loved, overlooked, unwanted, under appreciated, um. *sigh*.  That would really be *rejected*, by Paper Crafts in the last submission call :0)

My Home is You

The challenge was to get creative with Canvas - something I'd never tried before. I was quite astonished to find that it held a stamped image really well. I had expected far more bleeding. So this was a bit of fun - starting with the stamped gingham (which looks like fabric) and then overlaying the actual canvas fabric over that image, and stitching it through ...

My Home is You Deet

I used a Rustic White card base as the starting point. I really love the old country look that resulted.

Paper Crafts very kindly honoured me with an acceptance for the publication ... but it obviously wasn't for this poor creation :0) LOL!

Oh well!!

See you soon!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Love Lives Here, Bitty Background Blocks (Papertrey Ink)

18 comments:

Rebecca said...

I wouldn't call this a poor creation! This turned out great.

Keva said...

This is adorable. I love how it has that country feel to it. Great colors and perfect stitching.

Lindsay said...

This is lovely! I adore that bg stamp and the LO is perfect! Great card Nerina!

Nancy L. said...

congrats on your card being picked for PC!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is very sweet, and I love the homespun feel of it!

Peggysuez said...

Well they are the ones missing out! Loved your post,made me laugh!

Jenny said...

soooo pretty!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Helen L said...

thanks for sharing this card with us: I think it is lovely!! I've seen simpler and plainer cards in Papercrafts: who knows what they are looking for when they decide, but you did a great job!!

Sharron said...

Personally, I'd say this is a winner! Love the red & blue with the gingham--sweet, sweet card!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations on your card that was accepted Nerina; however, this one is a beauty too!

Cammie said...

Obviously, these colors just didn't fit any other's submissions; that's the only reason I can see for it's rejection. I love it's charming folkart character.

Terri said...

Love it! It is hard for me to understand why they didn't pick this one up.

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Adorable!! I would put this in my magazine if I had one:)!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, not to worry about old PaperCrafts, my dear! ;) This is fabulous. I really love the stamping and stitching on the canvas. The gingham blocks are the perfect partner. Really adorable!

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness they obviously do not know a good thing when they see it, this is beautiful, i love the design
love tasha xx

Carol's Ink Spot said...

All your cards are beautiful! Love this one and even if PaperCrafts did not want it, it is LOVED by us!

Christine said...

Silly PC...I think it's awesome and am linking it up on Practical Scrappers!

Ann said...

Came over from Practical Scrappers. Congrats on being picked out - not surprised what an amazing card. Love the sentiment.
Ann xxx