Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Boats for Boys.

Hi everyone! :0) Another week - and this one is an exciting one for us! My Hunkadorus (who has been working sooooooo hard) is snatching us off for a week away - starting Wednesday! This isn't just any week away, but a week that includes hotels and restaurant food. (We really don't often do this). And a week is just about the right amount of time to start missing your own bed - and understanding all of those Christmas carols that sing sentimentally about home cooking ... heee!

I don't know if there will be internet access for us or not ... so I apologise in advance if I turn out to be a really bad blogging buddy this week.

So in amongst all of the clothing, ironing, packing, list making ... I have a card!

The Embellish Challenges are up and going again and I have really been wanting to play. So when this challenge was posted I fell in love with the colours ... and jumped in:


The idea is that the card should be masculine ... but I found these colours *so inspiring* for a non-traditional baby/very young boy, card! (But baby boys are still boys after all :0)

Embellish Boats

I'm still needing baby boy cards - so this worked well for me there too :0) Don't you love the red and baby blue together, with  the hint of green, rather than the traditional yellow!? (Um - in case my camera is telling tall stories again ... that's Spring Moss cardstock in there :0)

Embellish Boats Deet

I think the idea was to leave all the bling off. Oh well ;0)!

Thank you to the ladies at Embellish for the beautiful colours to work with!

Paper Crafts Connection is running a baby challenge this month too - so I've also popped this card into their Flickr group to play along there too!

Thank you for stopping in today!

Hugs!!

xx

N

Stamps: Precious Baby Boy (Hero Arts)
Bitty Baby Blessing (Papertrey Ink)

14 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is absolutely wonderful, a perfect card for any little fellow :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

On this is great, love the bright colors!

Peggysuez said...

I do love it Nerina, the boats remind me of some I saw in Europe, don't know why it called to mind one specific trip over there, but it did . . . a lake somewhere, now its going to bug me until I think of it!
Have a GREAT trip!!! Enjoy the restaurant food!

Rhonda said...

I hope the trip is fabulous!! Love the card.

Sharron said...

Fabulous, Nerina--love the design of the boats and your sparkly water! Have fun on your getaway--enjoy some great meals!!

Lindsay said...

I love your design! This card is too fun! I adore the glitter as water and those sailboats are so fun! Have an awesome time on vacation!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Love love love this card, perfect for a baby boy! Have a fabby little vacation with the family!

Lea L. said...

Clean, crisp...perfect for a baby boy! Love the jewel accents you added to each boat...such a great touch!

Ginny said...

FABULOUS card, Nerina. Love everything about it. How did you get that "water" to look so great?

Terri said...

Great boy card. Hope you have a great trip!

Audrey Pettit said...

cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!!! It may still have a bit of bling, but this is an absolutely fantastic card, and still totally masculine in my book. Love the embossed red background and the sparkly water. Adorable paper piecing on the boats. Love it!

Traveling Mama said...

No, no! I think the bling is perfect for your design! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Charlene Austin said...

I absolutely love the glittery water and the perfect little boats!! Thank you so much for playing along in the Embellish Challenge.

Kelly said...

oh my! This is REAL cute. Yep, love that light blue and red!!!