Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Little Shimmer ...

Hi Peeps!! I'm 4 1/2 dresses down since the last post (for me that's really MOVING :0)! and I'm missing getting inky!

I made this card to enter the Moxie Fabulous "Stamping with Shimmer Sprays" Challenge a few days ago and suddenly realised that my time to enter the challenge is almost over!

I started off by stamping some inkadinkadoo snowflakes onto white cardstock, with Versamark ink and heat embossing them with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. It shimmers when it catches the light - but otherwise just looks white.

I then applied a liberal spritz of Tattered Angels "Frost" glimmer mist ... to end up here:

Shimmery Snowflakes

When the mist was completely dry, I used a slightly moist baby wipe to remove any excess mist from the embossed sections - which kept them nice and white.

Shimmery Snowflakes Deet

The end result is subtle, clean, serene and pretty ... not too glittery. It's quite a quiet card - despite all that spray!

Thanks for popping in and visiting with me for a while! I hope you're having a *totally* wonderful weekend.

Take care!

Hugs!

xxx

N

19 comments:

Keva said...

This is so pretty, Nerina! I really like those colors and the Glimmer Mist looks great.

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Like the embossed circles, and the snowflake image is so decorative and pretty.

Tasha said...

The effect is stunning, i love the beautiful blue and the sparkle, such a gorgeous card
love tasha xx

Christina said...

This is beautiful, Nerina! I love the soft blue color, the subtle shimmer, and the bit of bling. Lovely card!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO stunning! I love the "frosty" feel of your card, just beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Oh Nerina! This is gorgeous, but then what isn't gorgeous that you create?! Love the embossing and the spray, perfection! Of course the twine and ribbon helps! ;0)

veronica said...

it is very pretty!

Terri said...

Very pretty! Glad to hear the sewing is going well. Hope you can get back to stamping more soon!

Lea L. said...

Wow...this is just gorgeous!! I love those amazing snowflakes, and the shimmery goodness!! Beautiful card!!

Ginny said...

When I looked at this card, I just said "aaaahhhh" out loud....it is exquisite. So, so pretty!

Cristina said...

Oh so beautiful. And one of the best uses of shimmer spray I've seen to date.

Elizabeth Allan said...

At first glance I thought you had used vellum then I read through your description. You really made that white cardstock shimmer!! Very beautiful.

Sharron said...

So delicate & lovely! The snowflakes and icy blue cardstock work wonderfully with the shimmer. And as always, each little detail is perfectly done!

Melissa said...

Nerina, this is stunning! I love those gorgeous snowflakes and the impression plate is the perfect understated background.

I miss seeing you on the forum!

Melissa said...

Nerina, this is stunning! I love those gorgeous snowflakes and the impression plate is the perfect understated background.

I miss seeing you on the forum!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... absolutely stunning ... makes me want to get out my shimmer and spray spray spray.

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the snowflakes with the Sunshine IP! And I bet the glimmer is just so beautiful in real life!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just love your cards, Nerina! Love everything you do! This design is so fabulous. The snowflakes look fantastic. Love how you embossed and sprayed to get this look. Love the stitching and the scalloped edging and the bling in the snowflakes. Adorable tag and bow, too.