Monday, March 7, 2011

Muddled Mondays :0)

Hi everyone!! I'm so far behind in blogland at the moment - and feeling so sorry not to be in touch!

We've had a whirlwind weekend. Out of town on Friday for our 6 weekly "big shop" and to pick up our dear dog's ashes - so we've been feeling a bit quiet and contemplative again. And then Friday was a rainbow kind of day - because I came home to two Project Acceptances from PaperCrafts ... which was a big happy right in the middle of the sad!

Yesterday we spent with some new friends ... and I lost my heart completely to their 3 year old little boy! What a happy, chatty, smiling, busy, friendly, sharing, **SWEETIE**!! I told the Hunkadorus that it isn't the big guys who provide competition for a lady's affections - it's the little fellows who are the *real* heart slayers! :0) LOL!

Here is a card which I'm popping in to play at our Papertrey Peeps Challenge #2 for this year - to use red on a Valentine card. Now this doesn't have a lot of red ... but it *is* there ...

That's Us!

And it *is* a Valentine card! The musical score is by Waltzingmouse - and I twisted it on the block to create a bit of a curve ...

So there is my blogging for Monday - and I really hope that today ends up in some time to come out into blogland and visit YOU too!!

The sun is shining here - on all that snow we had recently. The world is very, VERY light and bright - I hope your day is bright today too - inside or out! :0)

Blessings!

xxx

N

And just in case you're wondering ... this poor little card *is indeed* a Paper Crafts reject (sketch #16)!! I'm really looking forward to the new Go-To Sketches issue ... it sounds like their submission response was huge and I SO enjoyed the last sketches issue - the new one just has to be good! :0) If you want to see more of the less loved cards out there (and I'm soooo glad I wasn't the one choosing) ... head over to Amber's blog - she's giving them their very own hop!

***000***

Stamps: Love Birds (Papertrey Ink)
Musical Backgrounds (Waltzingmouse Stamps)

And a HUGE BIG **THANK YOU** to everyone who left me feedback on my last card and their screen colours. It looks like I need to make friends with RAW photography ... (insert high pitched terrified squeak!) I have been shooting in JPEG and my camera obviously has a problem with yellows in the greens. And then not all monitors are created equal or true to colour either - so that requires some investigation ... so please don't hold your breath! Some learning needs to occur on this end - but I have a direction thanks to all of your WONDERFUL help - and am so grateful! Thank you all so much again!

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful, Nerina! I love how your curved the musical score to make it the birds' song! Congrats on your acceptances!

Aimes said...

Wow! You do realise just how much competition there was for that recent Paper Crafts call don't ya? HUGE congrats on being accepted - that's AWESOME news! Hope it managed to bring you some cheer during a bit of a sad time....
I totally see the red on this beauty and it's fabulous! Love the added gem :)
HUGS!
Aimes
x

Lea L. said...

This is SUPER sweet!! I just adore the clean and graphic feel of this, and the music lines are a perfect little touch! Great job!

Terri said...

Very sweet! Sorry to hear you were feeling down again but so glad to hear getting published picked you up again! Way to go!

Lindsay said...

This is so perfect Nerina! I looove the wavy music and of course the adorable bird cage and sentiment!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Love love love this card, great job! And it seems I have heard more people say they got rejected from the PC call than have gotten picked up! Hugs!

Sarah said...

oh wow! this is gorgeous! And this was rejected???? WHY?

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute Nerina! Love the pop of red and I like how you got creative and stamped the musical notes!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Nerina, love the curved staves, birdsong for the heart!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! I love it. Congrats on having two projects accepted.

Elizabeth Allan said...

It's the perfect amount of red Nerina. So pretty.

Sharron said...

So pretty, Nerina! I love the perfect balance of CAS with the curved music score, touch of ornate on the cage stand and the sweet little heart & rhinestone. Congrats on having TWO projects being selected at PC!!

Beate said...

Nerina, your card looks amazing. Love it.
Hugs and smiles

JaniceAileen said...

Oh, I really like this one!

Ginny said...

This is an absolutely ADORABLE card!!! Love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sending you hugs for your hard time and for your PaperCrafts acceptances, both, Nerina!!
And what a fun card this is! So simple and so sweet and so creative. Love the bent music notes coming from the lovebirds. Love the small pops of red and the felt heart above the birds. Just really clever and sweet.