Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pink and Green ...

Hi Peeps! Happy Thursday :0)!

Did you see the beautiful colours over at the CR84FN Challenge site? They're celebrating their 17th challenge this week - with this beautiful palette ...


Looks like spring all over - doesn't it?

Well, I was looking at a pad of Prima's Annalee paper ... and these colours are so beautifully incorporated in it - so they formed the basis of my card ...

Pink and Green

I've never really considered Shabby Chic as being a strong point ... when do you stop? :0) But stretching of all kinds is meant to be good for you ...

Pink and Green Deet

The spiral roses were created by cutting out a Spellbinders blossom shape and trimming the spiral with an old pair of seagull decorative scissors. They were finished off with a spritz of Frosted Pearl Glimmer Mist. The label is embossed on vellum and overlaid on a smaller chartreuse paper label, so that most of it is still translucent. I think I'll be trying that again!

So there it is. I think I'd probably omit the glitter if this was made again - but it's applied with Heat and Stick powder. No going back when you've committed yourself there!!

Have an awesome day everyone! We've had a slightly unexpected and heavy snowfall here this morning ... it was sooooo beautiful!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Vintage Labels 5 - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Signature Greetings - Papertrey Ink

ETA - I just saw this card on another computer and was shocked to see that the green (leaves and DP) looks NEON YELLOW - Urk! (Really, really bright!)

It's looking fine on my screen - but I thought I should ask (if you have a mo) how does it look on yours? ? If it looks bright yellow, I have a problem and need to start some sleuthing here!! Thanks!

22 comments:

Keva said...

I LOVE that vellum panel - brilliant. I have never thougth to do that. Lovely card, Nerina!

Stella said...

Oh my that vellum label; a brilliant idea and it looks STUNNING!!!! This is a perfect take on this weeks; colors and I love it to pieces! Thanks so much for playin along at CR84FN. It's good to have you here!

Pauline said...

A complete beauty! Love the vellum panel, and the flowers are beautiful.

Sue Ann said...

Always beautiful Nerina ...... love the vellum and the paper you used on this beauty is perfect.

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW Nerina, this is gorgeous, and the vellum label is just breathtaking!!!

Lindsay said...

This is so lovely Nerina! I adore those rolled flowers and the colors are gorgeous!

Lea L. said...

The card is extremely beautiful...I love the stitching and the gorgeous paper roses that you accented it with!

Now- the coloring on my calibrated monitor is a yellowish green, but not neon yellow. You probably need to calibrate your monitor, which will require additional software and hardware. Just an FYI!! :)

Daniela said...

What a beautiful card!!! I love it.

Yes the color is yellow. I thought that Prima paper looked strange, LOL. Still pretty.

Ginny said...

I'm not usually a fan of shabby chic but I love YOUR take on it. I LOVE the label. FYI - The green leaves do come out a soft neon yellow on my computer.

Thanks so much for the comments you left me. You made my day!!

Heather P. said...

Sooooo beautiful!

Sharron said...

Nerina, this is just gorgeous! I love the vellum! The leaves do show up on my computer as yellow--not neon but definitely more yellow than green--still very pretty though.

Jen Carter said...

Wow!! This is a GORGEOUS card!! Just fabulous and so beautiful!! The leaves are a neonish green/yellow on my screen too but it looks really pretty like that! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is STUNNING Nerina.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Nerina! Those little flowers look beautiful! Since you asked, yes the green appears to be neon yellow on my screen :( Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card Nerina! The velum label is brilliant and the flowers beautiful!

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful card. The details are stunning. It definitely looks neon yellow here too.
Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Tasha said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful, stunning design and beautiful colours
love tasha xx

Ingrid said...

Simply gorgeous, Nerina. The vellum panel is stunning. Great take on the challenge. The green looks like yellow on my screen.

Terri said...

Beautiful! The leaves look yellowish on my screen. I would not worry about how they look on others screens though because everyone's is different. As long is it looks right on your screen that is all that matters.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Nerina this card is simply a masterpiece!! I love the colour combo so much, and I love those rolled roses and that pretty frame. Everything is perfect!

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog, and for the congratulations!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Nerina!! I love your take on shabby chic! You do everything well. Everything!
And just to add.....the green does look yellow on my computer screen, too. :)

Meredith said...

Try using a Pantone Huey to calibrate your monitor. Or the Mac - the gamma on them is different and I usually get better colour repro on mine.