Monday, April 18, 2011

Life ...

Helloooo everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know why I'm so horribly AWOL at the moment...(I know my blog is happening slowly, but my commenting has dropped off to almost nothing - I apologise!!)

I know that there are many people who talk about having a dream. I have had a dream too - and the funny thing is that my dreams are usually pretty dry to other people :0) For a while I have been studying hard - partly because I teach my kids and partly because I love to learn. A couple of months ago I expressed my deepest dreams to my hunkadorus about having the opportunity to study personally, under the tutelage of a couple of my favourite historians/authors/teachers.

In the weirdest Cinderella story that dream has come true. What I never expected to happen has happened. Like an unbelievable novel, where the protagonist just HAPPENS to be in the right place at the right time, and just HAPPENS to bump into the right person, and everything just HAPPENS perfectly ... life really happened and the offer to do JUST THAT was extended without my ever having to request anything. I have always believed in the hand of Providence - but can't remember ever experiencing something so unexpectedly wonderful!

So the point of this post is that my crafty life is having to take a back seat right now. The studying to participate in the course has started. It's hard. It's thought provoking and it's good.  And I am *unspeakably grateful* for this opportunity!

I will be playing the next few challenges at Wee Memories because I promised to be there this month - and I'm sure that when the books get too heavy in between times, I may make a card to vent some of that pent up creative frustration ...

But overall, I do need to take some time off - and I'm so sorry to be such a bad blogging friend. You've been so wonderful to me over my creative endeavors - *THANK YOU*!

I don't know how the next while will pan out. But wanted to let you know where things were at.

If you actually read to the end, bless you :0)!!

Have a totally and completely WONDERFUL DAY!!

xxxx

N

21 comments:

Lee said...

Wow! What a wonderful blessing! Wishing you everything of the very best.

Lindsay said...

Wishing you all the best Nerina! Take your opportunity and fly with it!

Rhonda said...

I'll miss your inspiration but you must follow your dreams!!! Pop in when you can!!!!

Aimes said...

OH I'm so happy for you, sweet Nerina! It's bittersweet happiness though as I'll really miss you but we've all got to grab those opportunities when they come our way and I wish you every success in your studies!
BIG HUGS!
Aimes
x

Christina said...

I can't imagine any more deserving person to have her dreams come true! So happy for you, Nerina, and I wish the best for you in your new adventure. I am a lifetime learner myself and have my own dream of returning to school someday. I hope that you find it is everything you hoped for and more!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina I am so happy to hear your news. I can sense your excitement and wish you all the best.

Diane Jaquay said...

Nerina, I'm SO happy for you!!! I mean really, how often do things like this happen to us, having our deepest desires and fondest dreams fulfilled! Although I will miss seeing your inspiring creations, I totally understand why you need to take a break. I'll be here waiting when you're able to have a creative moment :)

snailzpace said...

wow! how exciting to have your dream come true; i wish you all the best on your new path.

Peggysuez said...

You are not a bad blogging friend, now just stop it! You are the sweetest thing and I am so grateful that you of all people had this dream come true!!! I wish you all the best with your studies and will be interested to hear how they pan out. Now, I saw that photo of your dog, was that your dog that passed away? holding a pen in its mouth . . . if it is a new furry companion, NO CHEATING! You know canines, they'll do anything to help the ones they love, but you must be strong! :) Mwah!!! See you when you get back!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

So glad you have gotten this wonderful opportunity my sweet friend! Sending you lots of hugs and I will be waiting patiently for your crafty projects:)!!!

Sharron said...

How wonderful for you, Nerina! I am so glad that you have been blessed with this wonderful opportunity. I feel it is so important to continue learning throughout our lives. Enjoy every minute! Looking forward to more inspiring creations when you return to blogland. HUGS!!

Cath said...

I find that one of life's most daunting challenges is determining how one spends one's time. In pursuing your dream, other pursuits may have to take a back seat, but you will always return to the activities you love when it is time. We will miss you, Nerina, but embrace you as you embark on this new, exciting journey. Enjoy--and let us know when you are back! :)

Terri said...

No need to be sorry. What a great opportunity for you! I completely understand you needing to take a break from stamping right now. I look forward to hearing how things go and seeing your work again in the future.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This is a wonderful opportunity. I wish you a fabulous adventure in your quest for knowledge. We will miss your creative projects but totally understand.

Ginny said...

I couldn't be happier for you that you have been given this wonderful opportunity! Enjoy every minute of it, and I'll always be happy to see your creations whenever time permits you to stop by blogland. In the meantime, all the BEST to you!

Katie Renz said...

Hi Nerina,

You have been such a support for me and I wish you the very, very best in your new pursuit! Crafting will always be there for you when you want it.

Jen W. said...

Best of luck, Nerina. Have a wonderful time with your exciting new endeavours!

jen said...

congratulations on the opportunity! I hope it is all that you dreamed & more....

Cammie said...

Nerina, no apologies are necessary. I am so happy that this door to one of your dreams has opened for you. I wish you all the best in this academic endeavor.

Audrey Pettit said...

I'm so glad that you've had this wonderful opportunity dropped in your lap. Sounds like exactly what you need right now. So enjoy every minute! :)

Heidi said...

Nerina I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy evey minute of your new adventure!!!