Saturday, April 2, 2011

Retro Rad

Hi (again :0)!! If you're looking for my Wee Memories Blog Hop post, please scroll down to the next one!

It has been a busy week here - but I wanted to squeak under the door for the Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World this week ... it's called "Farm Fresh".

Here is the great inspiration pic:


And here is what happened with this one for me:

Retro Rad

O.K. and if you're wondering "What on earth??!!" you're not alone :0) For some reason I just couldn't imagine limewashed tables with this one ... or lavender ... or blue and white china ...

I just saw retro. Maybe it's a memory of a kitchen I've been in? Maybe it's the blue and orange mix? - but that's where the inspiration took me and it stuck :0)

Retro Rad Deet

Please note the fuzzy edges on my cut paper strips (time to replace the blade on my trimmer) that was totally intentional to give them the 'homespun look' - *cough*. LOL :0)

Thanks for stopping in! Have an awesome weekend!

Hugs!

xxx

N

***000***

Stamps: Just Saying Hi, Messages (Hero Arts)
Heart Prints, Bitty Background Blocks (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

Amy said...

Love the bright fun colors! Congrats on the Wee Memories gig!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card. Love the vibrant colors and your take on the photo image.

Lee said...

Love what you did with this. So original...I battle to think 'outside the box'. I tried the orange and blue but it just reminded me of the old SA flag so I didn't even blog that card. LOL!

Lindsay said...

Really cool card Nerina! So fun and bright!

Diane Jaquay said...

I might not "get" where you were going with this one, Nerina, but I ADORE the card you created nevertheless! Rockin retro card!

Keva said...

Nerina, this is so cute! Love this so much.

Sharron said...

Love your retro phone and fabulous bright colors! What a fun 'outside the box' take on the challenge!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

Terri said...

Very cool. Love the bright colors and the squares with the flowers too!

Sadilla said...

Very pretty card dear! I like so much the colors... and it is very smart and chic! =)
thanks so much for visiting me, and for your lovely comment! =) I really appreciate it! =)
hugs
Sadia

Annika said...

I'll take your version any day! LOVE those happy zingy colours!
Hugs
Annika

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great color combination and retro design.