Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Beautiful Borders" ...

And a happy Saturday to  the world :0)!

Cath posted the next Moxie Fab Challenge a while ago - full of luverly inspiration from Betsy Veldman! The challenge was to bring out our best border ideas and to do something fun with them ...

Sooooo, when this idea came along I wanted to run with it - because this card is pretty much about borders - take them away and there really isn't a whole lot left ...

Moxie Borders Card

But I was hoping that the use of borders didn't look contrived either! :0) Besides the use of two fun colours - I used a bit of stitching to bring out the repeated straight edge along the top.

The flowers stamped in the scallop along the bottom edge are heat embossed - for maximum pop! (I just LOVE blue and white together!)

My hunkadorus loves the white minamilist look - and objected to the lovely background paper in the first pic - so this one's for him :0)

Border - White

Everyone tuning in for the Gallery Idol countdown and ready to cast your votes? It's going to be pretty intense I think - ALL the best to those lovely ladies that made it! Woot, woot!

xxx

N 

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Now that is just fun Nerina! I love the colors and great idea to stamp the BB flower within the scallop!

Aimes said...

Oh this is fabby, Nerina! Totally border-a-licious and fresh, so very clean and fresh!
My guy is a minimalist fan too - he's probably get on well with your hunkadorus :D
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the flowers in the scallops. My hubby is a minimalist too but I like the first photo better!

Peggysuez said...

Very sweet! I like the flowers a lot, and scallops. Only in cards though, not on my plate. :) Hope you're having a good weekend!

Katie Gehring said...

Very clever and beautifully executed! I love your card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous Nerina. Great colors and design!

Sharron said...

Marvelous card, Nerina! I love the colors and CAS design. What a wonderful idea to stamp the flower in the border scallops--such a pretty effect!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World, Lorena! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and welcome back! :)