Friday, July 15, 2011

Fanatical about Botanical ...

Yes seriously - another card already - but have you seen what's up at the Moxie Fab World??? - they've gone Fanatical about Botanical something I've been all my life! (Ceramics, books, prints, soft furnishings ... I love it!)

So I'm playing along already -

Botanical

Lots of different stamps in this one :0) I will come back and edit what they all were later ... I layered the stamps on the background and then paper pieced the blossoms over the top, curling the petals back and mounting them on dimensional foam ...

Botanical Deet

I didn't want to create a traditional card, mounted on a card base, but wanted to try something a bit more freestyle. One of the tiddleywinks said "it looks like a piece of old paper that you put a flower on ..."

Voila! :0)

Thanks for popping in to share, I'm heading back to the land of good intentions ;0)!

xxx

N

ETA:
Stamps: Dogwood, Antique Engravings, Old Letter Writing (Hero Arts)
Nature Walk - bee (Stampin Up!)
Dream Paris Rome New York - small 'calendar' image (Simon Says)
Journaling Lines - sentiment block (Fancy Pants)
Infinite Wisdom  - postmarks (Technique Tuesday)
Bontanical Silhouettes - sentiment (Papertrey Ink)

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is too gorgeous Nerina! I think you could post twenty times a day and I would be in card heaven! Truly, your card is divine.

Sue Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL~~

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful soft card, never seen these flowers colored in lilac, gives such a vintage feel!

Atticelf said...

This is really beautiful with a soft, romantic feel.

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Nerina! Love the soft purple and vintage look. Popping up the flowers and adding pearl centers was the perfect touch.

Annette said...

very pretty...
Love your choice in colors..

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely gorgeous ... the detail cutting and dimension really make the design pop.

Christina said...

This is so lovely, Nerina! The flowers have so much dimension, and the soft background is just gorgeous!

Jocelyn said...

Wow, wow, wow! Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the flower stamp is so stunning.

Your cards are so stunning--I'm a fan! :)

Cristina said...

How gorgeous is this? Completely stunning, from corner to corner.

Rae said...

LOVELY!!

Terri said...

Very pretty, Love the background it goes great with the flowers.

Geny said...

My goodness this is just gorgeous!!!

Cindy said...

Super pretty Nerina!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)