Sunday, July 24, 2011

Real Perty ...

Hello lovely people!

The last Tuesday Trigger (Perty & Flirty) over at the Moxie Fab World had me a-sighing right from the word GO! I really would LOVE to wear this cutie little jacket ...


and that lovely pink wallpaper background? Just so fresh - and the two together!!! Well, HOW can you resist?

It was the beautiful contrast of the yellow jacket on the pink that I wanted to try and capture in a card ... that and the beautiful freshness :

Pretty

The little rose pattern is stamped with a darling set from Stampin Up! called "Baby Blossoms", the rolled rose is a die from My Favorite Things. I popped a little brown pearl in the rose centre to echo those lovely chocolately buttons!

Pretty Deet

The edge of the decorative paper is trimmed with a Spellbinders label (11) and a Papertrey Edgers die was used for a tiny bit of pink detailing for the rose to rest on.

So there it is - I'm off to pop this in before the Moxie Fab Challenge closes up - but this fits in the Wee Memories CAS Challenge this week, so I'm going to play along there too!

Hugs and best wishes for a LOVELY day to you - thanks for taking the time to stop by!

xxx

N

21 comments:

Nadine said...

So perty, perty Nerina!!! Love your take on the Tuesday Trigger. And you stamped that lovely rose pattern? I thought it was bought patterned paper, lol! Such a great card!

bosenberries said...

Amazing take on the trigger!!! Robin

Lindsay said...

Totally gorgeous Nerina! I am in love with that floral design and your rose is perfection! I will have to try making and edge like that with my nesties...looks delightful!

Sue Ann said...

WOW is the ever beautiful!!! The rose with the brown is just the right touch!!! Love the stitching and the extra panel of pink paper w/ the pearls. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

Keva said...

Gorgeous! I didn't even SEE that floral background..lol.

Christina said...

Nerina, that stamped floral strip is gorgeous! Love how you incorporated the ruffles from the jacket in the ruffled edges of the flower.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous Nerina!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Aimes said...

Oh what a gorgeous take on the Trigger, Nerina! I think we'd both look fabulous in that jacket y'know :)
For a moment I thought you'd had a super fast PTI order with the shape of that strip of paper but I read your genius moment of how you created it and I'm totally inspired!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Love how you made the flower 'shine' on it's own.

Terri said...

Beautiful! That background you made is perfect. I want that stamp set now!

Lisa said...

Nerina your card is wonderful,love the stamped rose background!

Sharron said...

Wow, Nerina, this is amazing! LOVE how you created the rose patterned paper and then finished off the edge with a Spellbinders die. You are so clever. And your yellow flower is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

Hello! I totally thought that was patterned paper. WOW! Can't believe you created that. GORGEOUS. And love your flower with the brown center! Thank you so much for joining us at Wee Memories!

Laurel said...

Hello! I totally thought that was patterned paper. WOW! Can't believe you created that. GORGEOUS. And love your flower with the brown center! Thank you so much for joining us at Wee Memories!

Gerdine said...

It is gorgeous! Love this style!

Geny said...

Beautiful card!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, Nerina! Fabulous take on that inspiration trigger. :)

Joan B said...

another beautiful creation. love your work

Joanne Stott said...

This card is absolutly georgeous, where did you get that cute litle rose die from?

Hugs

Joanne x
Joannestott@live.co.uk

Jen Carter said...

Breathtaking!! this is so soft and beautiful! LOVE it so much!!