Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Blooms

Howdy everyone!

Are things heating up in your part of the world? We're finally starting to experience a real summer here - with delicious warm days that feel just about *perfect*!

I don't know why, but I've had a real urge to go back to where stamping started for me over the past little while - maybe it's because there is just so much you can put on a card nowadays that I feel a bit overwhelmed? But I can't forget how the magic of matching cardstock, ink, patterned paper and ribbon gave me an absolute thrill in the beginning!

So this card was made - because the cicadas are squeaking outside AND the world has matching cardstock and ink :0)!

Vase

The 'vase' is created from the negative piece of PTI's Seed Packet Frame die, which I stamped with some distressed stripes to give it some detail.

Vase Deet

The flowers and the central panel are mounted on some foam dots for dimension. The centres are layered with homemade and bought buttons - and a little bitty bling :0)

... and I'm popping this in to play at the Moxie Fab World's "Stamp It! Cards Challenge"

Thanks for taking the time in your day to stop by! I'm off to do a spot of not-so-light reading here - any other non-fiction lovers out there?

Hugs!

xxx

N

Stamps: Blooming Button Bits, Distressed Stripes, Bitty Background Blocks, Beautiful Blessings (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh you clever girl you! LOVE this bright, happy card Nerina! It's just perfect in every way.

Liz said...

What a smart idea to use the negative for the vase! Awesome :)

Heidi said...

Nerina! What a wonderful card! I love the clever vase and summery colors.

Christina said...

Your vase is just perfect, Nerina! So clever! Love these bright and happy colors, too!

Raising my hand over here because I'm a non-fiction lover! Whatcha reading?

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cristina said...

This is awesome, Nerina! You know I'm a back-to-basics girl, so I so appreciate all the stamping here. Brilliant idea to use that cut-out as a vase, too!

Terri said...

Great card. Love the colors and your use of the seed packet die. I hope you enjoy your book. I love non-fiction.

Sharron said...

What awesome colors! Love how you used the die for the vase and it looks so good in a bold color. I know what you mean about going back to the stamping basics. Sometimes we forgot what beauty there is in just some wonderful colors and a few stamps.

Peggysuez said...

This is very sweet! I love the colors and the bright, happy nature of this card. Yes, I like non fiction as well as fiction, depends on the skill of the author.