Monday, November 28, 2011

Hellooooo??

Dear people of the world .... (yes I recently watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :0)

Yawn, stretch ... waking up here. Actually not really, the blog has been sleepy, but my little crafty life has been humming - because out here in the world, I have real friends who have real sorrows and real sadness and I needed to be real and available too - and I just haven't been able to blog the things that have gone out from my hands and heart to them. Those things just needed to be left real.

I also really needed to take a spot on this blog to acknowledge the passing of Katie Renz. Although I can't say that Katie was a personal friend, like so many people out here in the blogosphere, I really wanted Katie to beat all of the odds, to go on to be able to be a mum to her children and a wife to her husband. I'm so grieved that it wasn't to be. Just so, so sad. My heart is truly with Katie's family at this time. There really isn't anything I can say that would do my feelings for the struggle she shared so openly and bravely with us all justice.

Here is a share of a card I made a long time ago and never posted - it's made with an image from the first digi kit that was being sold on Katie's behalf.

Magnolia

Thanks for stopping in and spending a few minutes listening. I hope to have more crafty things to share in the days ahead!

xxx

N

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So glad to see a post from you Nerina! Giving cards to people in need is so much more important than blogging, and I am sure those people in your life were truly touched by your works of art.

This card is so serene and so lovely. I adore that image, it's gorgeous!

Christina said...

It's wonderful to hear that you have been able to use your gifts to bless others in need. That's really what it's all about, isn't it? Your card and heartfelt words for Katie are beautiful, Nerina. It's great to see one of your creations again!

Aimes said...

Hello, sweet, Nerina! Smiling from ear to ear to see you post again :)
I understand the need to keep the real things real - I will say that I've missed you though ;D
What a truly, beautiful card. So stunning and serene!
Hugs!
Aimes
x