Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Incontrovertible Print"

Helloooo sweet People!

Happy first Thursday of the year ... I hope it has all been fabby so far!

I've really wanted to play along at the new "Runway Inspired" challenge site ... so I bit the bullet, and TODAY is the day!

Here is the pic that was up for inspiration -



... and the FIRST thing that crossed my mind when I saw it was (wait for this!) BLACK AND WHITE. Amazing huh?! :0)

But moving a little laterally - I thought about that phrase that we sometimes use - "There it was in black and white!" So that is where the mojo flowed and ended up here:

In Print

(I thought, using this newspaper stamp, that the "Daily News Herald" was a great frame for the sentiment - even when my recipient doesn't know about the challenge that made it all happen!)

In Print Deet

And the dash of red? I'm sure if you look REALLY hard the model has painted toenails. (lol).

Lots of fun - thanks to the RIC team for setting it up! :0)

Hope you're off back into a great day!

x

N

Stamps: Background Basics Newsprint, Love Lives Here (Papertrey Ink)
Typewriter Letters (Hero Arts)

14 comments:

Christina said...

Super clever and stylish. I love that button trio and pop of red!

Lindsay said...

You crack me up! Love this fantastic card Nerina! I'm pretty sure there is red on her somewhere, and even if there isn't, your card is stellar!

Laura B. said...

Love the newsprint! Wait for it.....Gorgeous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina your 2012 mojo is off the charts!

Stephanie said...

Oh Nerina, this card is super stylish, I just adore the black & white with the splash of red & the composition is perfect! My kinda card ;) xxx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You are just hilarious...I love your post. I love your card too- The bold newsprint background with a super-simple sentiment looks great! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cool!! I love how you put this card together and the thought that went into it!! Fabulous!

Terri said...

Great take on the challenge. Love the newsprint and the pop of red too!

Deborah Frings said...

Love your take on the challenge - the newsprint backing paper is such fun, and the little touch of red pops!!

Sharron said...

What a clever take on the challenge! Love how you used the newsprint and the red is the perfect addition! Great card!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful card and take on the challenge. Happy New Year to you too!

Cristina said...

You're so clever. :) Love the newspaper theme, and that pop of red is perfect. SO happy you played along with us, Nerina!

Charmaine Stack said...

What a great card! I have not heard of the Runway Challenge but I am intrigued. Will check it out!

Jessica @ BeyondPrincess said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you over at my blog!

Jessica
beyondprincess.blogspot.com