Monday, January 2, 2012

Something New ...

... COPICS! I thought for the first post of 2012 I should venture out into new horizons/unchartered waters - that sort of thing ... and this is about as brave as it gets in my little world!

Colouring with them isn't so bad, chosing images to use with them isn't so bad - but WHAT do you do with the images once you have them?? The only thing I've managed to do so far is to stick them onto white cardstock. As soon as coloured or patterned paper comes anywhere near them I start to feel like I have colour overload! Eeeek!!

Here goes ...

My Friend

Some pearls and a little ribbon made the cut ...

My Friend Deet

Maybe it's just a symptom of where life has been for a while - soooooo busy - but I seem to be drawn more and more to really simple cards at the moment.

I came upon this card by Carly Robertson, the other day and it blew me away. It's a picture I'll return to often over this coming year and in so many ways it summarises what I'm striving for in 2012 -

To simplify, and if I do fill life up with anything - to keep those things real.

Happy New Year, sweet People, I hope it's a goodie!

x

N

13 comments:

Joan B said...

Beautiful card. I have the same issue -- I love to color images and then don't know what to do with them! This is gorgeous.

Chris said...

I'd say this is perfection!!

Lindsay said...

Sigh...CAS perfection Nerina! I LOVE this card, love! Great job with the Copics!

Rhonda said...

This is a beauty Nerina!!

Diane Jaquay said...

GORGEOUS, so simple but so pretty! You're coloring looks great!

AnitaRex said...

Nerina I have to say that you made a fantastic CAS card with copics!!!! Happy New Year!

Cammie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is wonderful. I've been thinking about this stamp set for awhile. Seeing what you have created with it is so inspiring-- and enabling:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Knock-me-over beautiful Nerina!!!

Christina said...

What a cheerful looking card! You certainly don't look like a newbie with the Copics--this is simply fabulous. Love the clean design, too.

Peet said...

oh, love this gorgeous card, Nerina!

Sharron said...

Oh, Nerina--this is so gorgeous! I love the simple design and your coloring is fabulous! And I adore the bow accent--so sweet!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful! I can't believe you just picked up copics and created this!! The pearls and bow are the perfect accents!

Terri said...

I think your coloring looks great. Love the heart image too.