Friday, March 2, 2012

Quilted Flowers

Hellooo Peeps! Happy weekend!

Here is a little card that I wanted to pop into the Waltzingmouse Gallery Challenge this week, and also into the Tuesday Trigger Challenge at the Moxie Fab World which is called "Home Sweet Home" -  this cutie picture was up as the inspiration ...


I immediately thought of Waltzingmouse's "Sewingbox Hugs" set - which has an adorable little cottage image in it (so tempting to just pop that card in .... :0)

However, I decided to use the floral images from the set as paper pieced "appliqued" images. I also wanted to try and create a 'faux hand quilted' look, by heat embossing a stitched image on the background of the card in white on white:

Quilted Flowers

I really liked the idea of paper piecing to try and emulate the different fabrics that had been sewn into the original inspiration piece ...

Quilted Flowers Deet

Well, there it is. Now this card is off to do some real work, thanking a very kind friend who went out of her way to help me!

Thank you *so much* for stopping in!

Hugs!

x

N

Stamps: Sewing Box Hugs (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Stitches and Swirls, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Another BEAUTIFUL and inspirational card. That set from Waltzinghouse looks so neat, and because of your cards, I think I'm going to also have to get Stitches and Swirls from PTI. Sigh. I love how your sentiment hangs down from the bow like it does. Simply gorgeous.

Christina said...

How pretty! Your choice of colors is just perfect. LOVE the aqua satin ribbon and tiny tag.

Rae said...

Very beautiful!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina this card sings with fresh, colorful beauty!

Connie Collins said...

I love everything about this card. ADORABLE!