Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Little Colour


Helloooo beautiful blogging world! This is the inspiration picture that is being showcased on the Runway Inspired Challenge  #17 - Carlos Miele. Don't you love the flutters and the colour mix?

I thought I would combine this with CAS-ual Friday's, who have a Square Card Challenge for this week. (CFC65).




I wanted to keep my card really clean...and it took me here:

Orange Bloom

In my heart, when making this card, I had really wanted the purple pearls to be lovely artsy ink/paint splotches - like Aga makes. Here is a sample. Aga, I would pay money to sit and watch you make splotches!!

Alas, for my card I didn't have the courage or the know-how, so if anyone else has paint splotch tutorials to point me to they would be warmly appreciated :0) Thank you!

Orange Bloom Deet

So there it is! Pearled but sadly, not splotched. :0)

Thanks for the visit - have a blessed day!

x

N

20 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your flower is gorgeous! For tiny paint splatters I use the SU Sandy Speckles Wheel. For larger splats I flick ink at the card (this is incredibly messy tho'!). I am still looking for a stamp in the UK. In the US you can get the PTI stamp "Grunge Me" - real shame it's not available in the UK!

Kelly said...

this is GORGEOUS! and I love the pearls! I am not very good at splattering, but I've used paint mixed with water and flicked it on a bag (outside) and it looked OK.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Incredibly dazzling!

Cristina said...

How gorgeous! And just like you would like to watch Aga and her splatters, I would love to sit and watch you place gemstones!

Ginny said...

love, love, love!! So incredibly pretty!

Mynnette said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the bright orange and green with all the other muted tones! PINNED--may I CASE you?!

Angie Tieman said...

Thud! This is gorgeous and so striking, and in a fun, tropical way too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Angie Tieman said...

Thud! This is gorgeous and so striking, and in a fun, tropical way too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Marybeth said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the white on white with with the woodgrain . Your placement of the perals and bling is perfect, I never really thought to mix the two.
I love ,love your queen bee card as well. I love your style Nerina! Thanks for very kind comments on my blog.

Christina said...

Gorgeous, Nerina! So good to see you stamping again. :) I'm with you on the artful splotches--I only know how to splatter uncontrollably. But your gems are perfectly placed, and the mix of colors is genius!

Aimes said...

Simply gorgeous! I'm lovin' the pearls (I can't splotch to save my life LOL!)
Hugs!
x

Michele Gross said...

Really gorgeous use of the colors! The gems add such a wonderful touch :) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda Beeson said...

I love your lavendar scattered pearls! What a pretty card.

Julie S. said...

This is so pretty. I love the little bits of sparkle scattered about.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You may not have splotches, but you have expertly placed pearls and rhinestones! This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Laura B. said...

Such a beautiful card! Love how you placed each detail!

Wida said...

This card is perfect. Marcy Penney has a tutorial on splotches ;)

Robin K. said...

Congrats on your Runway Inspired challenge win! I really love your artful composition!

Laura Jane said...

This is SPOT on!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful and I absolutely LOVE the pearls and gems! stunning! How did you make the flower? Just beautiful!
Lisa