Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little Kraft

Hellooo lovely people! The last card I made was all about enjoying colour, this time the inspiration is all about kraft! (Nothing like 180 turns to keep life interesting :0) Hee.

This challenge was posted on A Blog Named Hero and it's the first time I've played along with them.

I was quite inspired by a Kim Hughes project in PaperCrafts "Card Sketches" a while ago, which used lovely sparkly poinsettias on kraft. I wanted to use the concept in a different way, so that's where this started:

Kraft Floral

The floral images were heat embossed onto kraft cardstock and then coloured with Copics. (It's a tad messy and the white embossing does tend to get a bit coloured. I find if you go back with a colourless blender and flick those areas, most of the colour comes off - but if you keep colouring over it with the blender, the embossing starts getting mushy. Not good :0)

Kraft Floral Deet

I coloured a second layer of small flowers to layer over the large ones, they're popped up on some foam for a bit of dimension.

My gel pen came out of retirement to finish this off with some faux stitching. The poor thing has been so neglected, I'm glad the ink was still runny!


I love the richness that kraft gives to Copics. There is an added depth to the colour that doesn't naturally exist. Add some sparkles to the mix and  - *poof* instant happy :0)

Thanks for stopping by!

x

N

Stamps:  Layered Flowers, Thank You Sayings (Hero Arts)

21 comments:

Kelly said...

love this! I esp like the popped layers and the gel pen. Mine doesn't get much action ether.

jules said...

It's gorgeous thanks for the inspiration!!

Mary Dawn said...

gorgeous! thanks so much for playing along with A Blog Named Hero

Ginny said...

oh so perfect!! You know how to place the flowers, leaves and gemstones/pearls so expertly!! And the gel pen adds such a pretty touch. Fabulous colors on the kraft card base!

Tina said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous. Love your coloring on kraft and faux stitches. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Aimes said...

Red and kraft are such a yummy combo and your card proves why! Gorgeous blooms and I love the dimension of them!
Hugs!
x

Kara said...

Beautifl! So glad u are blogging again!

Stephanie @ A StephMade Life said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you joined us at A Blog Named Hero! :)

Jessica Lynn Mould said...

I love this card. Great job!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Shelly said...

I know how messy copics and embossing can be, but you did a beautiful job with this! Love the red and white on kraft...so gorgeous!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The intensity and color of the flowers is dazzling! Beautiful design.

Linda said...

This is FABULOUS!!

Just love it

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at A Blog Named Hero.

Linda

lenny said...

Wow! GORGEOUS card!!
I loooove those flowers!!
Awesome coloring!!

Melissa Shea said...

I saw this card at A Blog Named Hero and had to come see a bigger pic! Lovely coloring and dimension. So pretty!

KC said...

Wow I love this card! It just hit me immediately.

Jeanette M. said...

Gorgeous card! I didn't realise that Copics looked so great on kraft!

DoodleSuze said...

Congratulations!
Beautiful and we used the same flower lol!

maria mcclure said...

What a beautiful card! Congratulations!

jintyoo7 said...

STUNNING - beautifully done (despite what you say) :)

Carol Gibson said...

Had to tell you "I just love this card".

Karen L K said...

A great looking card!