Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Pocketful of Posies

So what is better than a pocketful of posies? How about three pockets, each with a rosey? (Sorry, it's getting late ...)

I made this card for the Moxie Fab World Repetition Challenge. Cath mentioned all kinds of repetition in her post - from a subtle design element, to an image.

I love image repetition, where one of the images is different in some way from the others - and the difference does something to evoke or underscore why the card is being sent.

Pocketful of Wishes

By making the last rose red and adding a heart to the pocket, I hope that my recipient will feel that they have my love, not just my best wishes, which hopefully will make the card more personal and meaningful to them. 

Pocketful of Wishes Deet

I hope that the contrast between the first two pockets and the last one will also help my recipient to see at a glance that they are extra special. The first two roses are pretty, but the last one goes a little further - just like my 'best wishes' do too.

A construction note - it's hard to see in pictures, but my little roses all have a touch of Spica glitter on them, just to add a little dynamic sparkle.

I hope that all makes sense :0)!

Thanks for popping in again and visiting for a while!

My *BEST WISHES* to you for a wonderful day!

x

N

4 comments:

Leah said...

I absolutely love it! I think you conveyed the special feeling so well with your design. I wanted to say I was so happy to see the Compassion button. We sponsor two girls in Ethiopia as well has have 2 Ethiopian sons. God is good!

Celestial Charms said...

Such a cute card. Love the little red heart on the last image.
Maureen

Beverley said...

What a lovely floral card. Love the design & colours.

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)