Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Not Quite Black and White ...

Helloooo Blogging Peeps! Happy Tuesday - I hope it's behaving well for you!

This is the inspiration picture up on the Runway Inspired Challenge site today - and it's one I felt instantly inspired by - so clean and classy. There is so much to do with this one, but my eye was immediately drawn to the floral pattern on the bottom of her shirt - it has such a great organic feel to it, with tiny touches of green and blue added to the mix.

It reminded me of my Vineyard Impression plate. So I applied some white ink to that with a brayer and ran some black cardstock through over the top of it. The result wasn't quite what I had expected (I guess the impression on the plate isn't the same depth on all of the design elements) but I liked it enough to continue - and here is where it went:

Runway B&W

The floral detail is from WPlus9's Flora and Fauna 1 - and I have to admit I used this one because I loved Cristina's inspiration card which used the same set and the same flower SO MUCH! (They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :0)! I added in some chevron patterned ribbon and a little strip of pinked chartreuse to bring in the touches of blue and green in the original inspiration pic. There is a touch of woodgrain on the rear panel, in lieu of the pinstripes.

Runway B&W Deet

I'm popping this in at the Moxie Fab World too - they have The Focal Point Challenge on at the mo.

Thank you for popping in here! I hope you get to try something creative and fun today :0)

My best wishes to you!

x

N

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Really gorgeous card! Love your take on the photo.

Rhonda said...

Great composition Nerina! Love the pop of green.

Aimes said...

Oh you rocked the RIC with this card! Love how you took each element of the inspiration pic and put your CAS style into it!
Hugs!
x

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You certainly are clean and classy! I love the layers in your card. Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous flower and layout!

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)