Thursday, August 9, 2012

Queen Bee

Helloooo Sweet Blogging People!

I can't really believe that it's Thursday already! Wowzers, with Monday having been a public holiday, this one has flown away on me here.

Here is a little card, which I made for a friend who worked REALLY hard recently, to make a weekend fun for a lot of people. She really inspired me with her selfless giving. I thought that I could try to honour her hard work, using a 'busy as a bee' idea, and also  try to incorporate a 'best among us' concept. 

Queen Bee

The images have so much lovely detail that I used a tiny dash of colour to finish them off - it didn't need much. 

Queen Bee Small Deet

I used a little glossy accents on the bee's eyes and thorax for some shine and dimension and coloured over the wings with a clear spica pen to add some shimmer.

Queen Bee Deet

The focal panel is mounted on another one, embossed with woodgrain and some rhinestones and ribbon finish it off.

I hope she likes it!

Thanks for popping in! I hope that you manage to fit everything in that you needed to do this week :0)

x

N

Stamps: Queen Bee (Clear Art Stamps)
Honey Bees (PTI)
Embossing Plate: Woodgrain (PTI)

4 comments:

Karen C. said...

Wow... this is so beautiful. The detail really creates a striking focal point and the touches of colour are perfect for the image.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the sweet comments you left. I'm really enjoying all of your new creations ... so glad you've started blogging again!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Nerina your design is bee-utiful! Wonderful accents that bring such fabulous detail throughout. You are so thoughtful to create this card for your friend. It really expresses the thoughts and feelings you had in mind.

Rhonda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beauty Nernina.

Leigh said...

Super pretty card, Nerina!