Soooooo, I know you've seen this gal before ... you may even have seen her on this blog before ... but if you follow the Runway Inspired Challenge site, you probably saw her there first. :0)
I found the picture inspiring. I love the contrast of the black and white with that splash of orange - and those sunglasses lend a cool urban vibe.
And then Cath has this Focal Point Challenge happening over at the Moxie Fab World (yup, you've probably heard about that already too :0)!
Anyway. I had this crazy desire to head out of my comfy design box and try something a little bit graphic and a little bit cool. So with that inclination and some time ...
I'll give a little recipe at the end of the post for anyone who is interested in the 'how'. I don't have a digital cutter or huge alphabet letters ...
I was really happy with how this one turned out - my little stint at graphic design :0)!
Thanks for stopping in!
So the how:
All I had were some Block Alphabet Dies that stand about 3/4" tall. So this recipe is for those:
1. Die cut u from black paper
2. Photocopy image at 200%, photocopy enlarged image by 141% again (limits of my copier :0)!
3. Cut out larger image.
4. Die cut circle from black cardstock. Affix enlarged letter to circle with one serif over the circle edge.
5. Cut around letter with a craft knife.
6. Discard positive image and affix remaining circle to card.
7. Stamp 'miss'.
8. Adhere flower and rhinestone centre.