Friday, August 31, 2012

Wonderfully Wonky

One of the Moxie Fab Challenges happening at the moment is the Asymmetry Challenge. Cath wrote a great post explaining what it is and then challenged us to create a card that had a sense of  'visually balanced, asymmetrical randomness' ... 

Random I may be sometimes - but it doesn't seem to translate into my card designs very well! But I wanted to play along and jumped in ... 

Colour My World

So what can I say? It's all on one side of the card - and it isn't a mirror image :0) So far so good. Ha, ha!

Colour My World Deet

I added little dots in the flourish to try and give that 'magical sparkles' feeling, like they do in the movies. (Disney does it better than I do). The paint on the brushes and the dots on the flourish all have a little spica pen glitter on them - so there is some animation to the card in reality. These balance the little gem on the pocket quite nicely.

So there it is. Not quite WONKY, wonky...but asymmetrical all the same :0)

Thank you so much for stopping in!

Have a glorious day!

x

N

P.S. If you love Waltzingmouse Stamps - please consider linking up a card for Claire ... thank you :0)!

7 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Very fun card! Those little dots on the flourish are perfect. Those are the little details that I wish I'd think to do. Love your sentiment with the brightly colored brushes.

Barb said...

my goodness this is fabulous!!! the bright colors, yellow blingy flourishes...the sentiment on vellum...it's perfect!

Kim said...

What a fabulous card...I love these paint brushes, so bright and fun and so ready to be creative with. Your pocket is just too sweet too and I love the flourish, just adorable.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Those paintbrushes are adorable tucked into the pocket! Great dot magic too!

Kelly Griglione said...

Very fun card, your flourish is just perfect!

Karen said...

just delightful....

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)