Thursday, September 13, 2012

With Sympathy (Scheduled)

Just a note at the beginning of this post - I don't actually need this card right now. Thankfully.

I made it earlier this year. Sympathy cards are always so difficult for me. Sometimes they look too gloomy and foreboding. Sometimes they don't seem serious enough. They're always a challenge!

 Sympathy

This started with a soft stone card base. I heat embossed the larger leaf image and then stamped the smaller leaf images with a dye ink. The white flowers are also heat embossed. 

Too pretty? Too light? What do you prefer?

Thanks for popping in today! :0)

x

N

12 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

It's absolutely PERFECT, I LOVE it and will definitely be CASEing it!

Francie said...

I think it's exactly right, and beautiful! Like Diane, I'll be CASEing it, too.

Judith said...

I love it! Sooo beautiful

Kara Lynne said...

Not too anything; just right! Sympathy cards are difficult, but this one is not gloomy, yet not overly cheerful either. Beautiful movement across the card.

Emma said...

I think it's lovely, just perfect!

Karen B. said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, and eludes such a calmness. I love the colors you've chosen.

Christina said...

It's absolutely perfect, Nerina. It's so hard to strike the perfect balance and mood with a sympathy card, but you've done a beautiful job.

Sharron said...

It's wonderful, Nerina--a perfect balance! I think something with a nature theme works so well for sympathy cards. Yours is beautifully done!

Leigh said...

I think it's perfect, Nerina! Very pretty!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Don't change a thing... this is just right! Sympathy cards can be a challenge to create, but you have found the perfect balance.

Wida said...

Hey Nerina! I nominated you for a Liebster Award cuz I think you are awesome!!!

http://beachorado.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award-and-card.html

Shelly said...

This card is simply stunning! I love all the embossing and those tiny silver flower centers. I needed to make a sympathy card quickly and was soo happy to have your card to look at for inspiration. I hope you don't mind me copying you. You can see my card on my blog. http://shelly-shellysart.blogspot.com/2015/06/color-throwdown-345-sending-prayers.html